“Lovely place and great food”
Review of Mariachi

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Visited Mariachi's on a recommendation from a friend for my birthday a number of years ago and was treated so well. The staff were so friendly and even gave me a free glass of fizz.
The food was delicious and we have since been back many times. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the area. There are many pubs surrounding the restaurant and it is a 30 second walk away from the Grassmarket so it is a great place to have a meal before a night out.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Dinner for two on a freezing sunday night in edinburgh. Casual atmosphere. We ènjoyed the complimentary nibbles to start. I had pollo en crema de chipotle that i wish i had the recipe for- so tasty! Other half had the enchiladas - he isnt a massive lover of hot food but this was devoured! Good calue for money with most mains 11-13 pounds. Was tempted to return the next night!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Whilst on a weekend away, we decided to try Mariachi for lunch. Located in the old town, it’s a quaint part of town. The food was lovely, I had the sea bass chirvichi and king prawns, all tasty. I’d say it’s a good Mexican Restaurant but think the food could be pushed a little more like the likes of Whacca more a more honest modern approach. Lovely staff, a tad slow at times but it was quite busy.

Many thanks

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I was in Edinburgh on business and fancied a Mexican meal. Mariachi fitted the bill perfectly. Not too far from the hotel, not too crowded but not too full, not too pricey.

I opted for the three course and right from the arrival of the first course I knew I had made the right decision. Excellent food, and the wine I ordered was served at a perfect temperature.

Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Amazing Mexican feast- the stuffed jalapeños were right up my street. Rare to find Mexican food as nice as you can make it at home with fresh ingredients, but this place definitely impressed. Especially good piña coladas too x