“Lovely meal shared with friends and family”

Verdo Turkish BBQ Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 2,784 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$12 - US$17
Cuisines: Turkish
Description: Verdo Turkish restaurant - Voted best Turkish Kebab restaurant in Edinburgh 2018 - BBQ dishes inspired by the traditional food of Turkey.
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I chose this restaurant on a whim as I knew the friends I was staying with in Edinburgh love Turkish food. I thought I would treat them to a meal to say thank you for having me and my children to stay. This lovely little eatery did not disappoint. The food was delicious and the service excellent. We started with 2 mixed meze of which there was plenty for 3 adults and 2 children - the bread was particularly delicious. Our main courses were incredibly tasty and then we finished of with wonderful baklava and Turkish coffee. We had a really lovely, relaxed evening and we left the restaurant full and satisfied. I'd definitely go back if (or that should be when!) I'm in Edinburgh again.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Verdo Turkosh BBQ is absolutely delightful. The food is great - authentic Turkish, as far as I can tell, cheap and delicious. The sevice is exceptional. It's like being served by the Marx Brothers, only Turkish. And probably a bit more efficient. I sat with my back to the BBQ, which would probably be a really good thing on a normal Edinburgh day, but ultimately quite hot in this heat wave summer. Still, I walked out with the smell of BBQed vegetables clinging to my shirt, which lasted me all the way home.

Mixed mezes with bread followed by a lamb sis kebab - highly recommended, but I suspect any choice would be as good. The wine was cheap, and the baklava and coffee were complimentary! Don't know if this is standard, but it was greatly appreciated.

Verdo is a great choice. I will be back...

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Surroundings:
Fairly basic but acceptable. Not as fancy as some surrounding places but the food and service made up for it.
Timing:
We went for about 6pm when it was fairly quiet. Later a large family group came in whilst we wete thete but it was pleasantly buzzy.
Food:
My daughter ordered the chicken kebab and I ordered the mixture of kebabs.. chicken, lamb, a mince one and lamb chop. Daughter doesnt like v spicy foid so I thought if I ordered a mixture she would find something she liked. I was wrong to be worried as she lived it. She got 2 skewers of meat, and the bbq is at the back so you can see them cooking. I expected to get the equivalent of 2 skewers but got a skewers of each so had a big playeful. Also there was a plate of dressed salad, rice, salsa, warmed bread, an onuin pickle plus myshroom and onions cooked on a skewer. The table was really full. We could have fed at least one more person with the food we had! It was all delicious, reasonably priced and cooked fresh. No complaints! I would happily revisit this establishment

1  Thank 7Jan7
Reviewed 30 July 2018

The food was good, tasty and plenty. The service friendly. The 5 of us left with a very positive experience.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Went fairly early on a Friday evening for a meal and chose a selection of starters. The portions were on the large side, but the food was very tasty indeed. The place was quite full and everybody seemed to be enjoying the food. Unfortunately, the door doesn't close automatically, so there was a pretty cold draught coming in and although service was pretty quick to come and take the order once we'd sat down, they were a little on ths slow side to ask if we wanted dessert etc. That's why I've taken a star off the rating. I would recommend this place as it really is fantastic value for money.

1  Thank Fe1710