“Great value for lunch”
Review of La Petite Mort

La Petite Mort
Reserve with OpenTable
La Petite Mort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 2,733 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$5 - US$38
Cuisines: European, British
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Stopped here for the fixed-price lunch as recommended by my B&B host. I had the pan fried sea bream and Irn Bru sorbet. Both were excellent -- the sea bream was just fried enough but not overwhelming. It came with delicious dauphin dumpings and the portion size was also perfect. I'm not really a fan of Irn Bru as a drink but I was really interested in the sorbet and I loved it! I would definitely recommend trying it, also came with a dark chocolate ganache which was very rich and tasty. I was the only one there and received excellent personal attention.

Management response:Responded 1 October 2017

Hello Colleen B

Thank you very much for your great review. We're very pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and do hope you can visit us again next time you're in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We had a very pleasant pre-theatre meal. Each course was tasty. Staff were efficient. We didn't feel rushed at all. The dining room shares a corridor which leads to the toilets with a pub which means that some noise does carry from the pub.

Management response:Responded 27 September 2017

Hi No D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant. We're very pleased you enjoyed our pre-theatre offer. We hope to see you again soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I was very pleased to find that this tiny restaurant is still just as good. We came for the pre-theatre menu with friends as its handy for the Kings Theatre. Three of us chose the main Sauvage Steak. Mine was rare and brilliantly cooked, my friend wanted his like mine and the waiter just changed it for him. Amazing service. My American friends were most impressed. Definitely I'll be back to this restaurant

1  Thank hilarymunro

Hi hilarymunro,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We always strive to provide our customers with an excellent experience, we're thrilled you enjoyed yourselves.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely Sunday lunch/roast. Party of 12. Menu was varied from most menus we found in UK. Service was great. Food enjoyed by all. Ambiance very serene and great bar in the back

Management response:Responded 5 October 2017

We have only recently started doing our Sunday roast, so it's great to hear it went down well. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Ate here on 4 September 2017. Ate with a friend at lunch, and both chose the fixed price menu. Three courses for £13.95 if I remember. Excellent food, and relaxed, informal, but attentive service. It was very quiet, a Monday, but deserves to be busier. Loo was very clean, which isn't always a given.

1  Thank Andrew G

Hi Andrew G,

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate all feedback, so it's great to hear you enjoyed your experience with us.

Kind regards