“Very well thought out”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Reviewed 7 January 2017

We are mad about sushi & headed to Yo Sushi for a feast. I have gone to the restaurant at airports but this was my first time to visit one in the city. We really like that we could choose what we wanted either by picking up our choice from the conveyor belt or asking a waiter. The portions are a perfect size & selection is great. Time is stamped on the dish covers so everything is fresh. You are charged by number and colour of dishes. I think we ate enough for a small community. My fave was the seaweed salad. I would want to return next time in Edinburgh- just wish there were a Yo Sushi near us in Perthshire.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I love Yo Sushi. I have been to many all over this country and this is by far the worst restaurant I have been to is quite some time.

Not only did I have to send plates back after ordering it from the waitress I felt physically ill afterwards. Let me explain.

I ordered tempura and go nothing but batter. Large chucks of batter. And the thing that made me ill was the rotten strawberry that was served with the chocolate desert they do.

On a positive note the staff are lovely.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I love it here, the food comes around the tables so you can see what you want before choosing it, but you can also choose hot food off the menu and its cooked fresh and served quickly, if you get a seat near the window you can see princess street. However I'm not 100% sure that this restaurant is well chair acsessible. But there is another yo sushi down the street in Harvey Nichols.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 4 January 2017

After a short wait we were taken to a booth which was ideal. Our teenage son had plenty to choose from. Service was friendly and very good.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

I have been to Yo Sushi is other cities.....and I have been to many other Japanese restaurants around the world. This was the worst sushi I have ever eaten. Tasteless. Completely and utterly tasteless. Plates were well past their use by and still going around on the belt. Service was slow and poor! Would never return!

Date of visit: December 2016