All reviews privilege room apple tv lovely hotel minute walk usher hall lothian road princes street tesco express quiet location storage space sofa bed coffee machine reception staff city centre would highly recommend this hotel would stay again bathroom door
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Centrally based ideal for buses anywhere, but if your walking there from the station don't follow Google maps takes you up the most horrendous steps it only takes 10 more mins to walk round and so much easier.
Clean modern and well kept rooms and breakfast was fab.
Staff were all very helpful we had 2 nyts there

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucybinks
Khaled I, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear lucybinks

Thank you for your nice feedback.much appreciated

We hope you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed the buzzing Edinburgh

Once again thank you

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Our large organisation ( regrettably) chose to stay at the 4* the Mercure Haymarket Edinburgh for National conference. Many rooms were sweltering , the air con did not work and flashes a green all night . I asked reception for it to be fixed and was told very unapologetically that the maintenance man was on leave for ten days and it could not be fixed , I could not be moved and there were no extra pillows. This is disgraceful for a four star hotel. I have tweeted Mercure as I am not sure they are aware of the customer service I hope they agree this is not reasonable.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Chloe O
Reviewed 15 April 2018

On arrival the staff team were very helpful and my room, at the back, was quiet, clean and very comfortable. There were a couple of could do betters - the water pressure in the shower was not strong enough (but hey, maybe I was helping the environment) and the scrambled egg was over-cooked and hard every day.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Khaled I, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear RichardLi0nHeart

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at The Mercure Edinburgh Haymarket Hotel.

We are glad that your overall stay was comfortable and enjoyable

I will pass your points to the relevant department to do better. Much appreciated

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Upon arriving, we remarked upon the good location of this hotel. A moderate walk took you straight into the centre. The reception area is modern. The reception staff were very friendly and even allowed us to swap our twin room to a double on the spot. Our room was well decorated and had good window and air con for colder air. Our only problems were 1, pillows. The pillows were uncomfortable and gave us both stiff nicks. Upon asking staff, we were informed that there was no softer option. So advice is to take your own pillow if sensitive to neck and back pain.
2. The tap in the bathroom makes a loud and continuous squeak whenever used. This was annoying and it occurred during random times in the night. The staff told us this was due to air con when the hotel was busy but this seems silly and it was annoying.
Overall good hotel. We used the gym which was great. No restaurant or parking. Gorgeous cafe called loudens 20 seconds away which we chose to use for breakfast, however the hotel does provide breakfast. They also give discount on nearby food areas for dinner.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Khaled I, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Joanna F

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us at The Mercure Edinburgh Haymarket..

We are glad that your overall stay was enjoyable apart from the squeaky tap!

I certainly confirm is not from the air conditioning ! and I won't go technical on that but I will pass to our maintenance to look into it

Once again thank you and we hope to welcome you very soon

Reviewed 10 April 2018

This hotel is in a good location and i Stayed here for two days and i have to say it's a great hotel with very friendly staff, all my whole experience was great hotel,city, outings, wish to visit it again soon.

Date of stay: January 2018