“Tasty deal”

Vittoria On The Walk
Ranked #163 of 2,783 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leith
Description: VITTORIA ON THE WALK Vittoria on the Walk is an Edinburgh institution and has been part of city life for 45 years. This bustling, friendly, family restaurant continues to serve up a fantastic combination of delicious, authentic Italian food and friendly service, ensuring it is as busy as ever and one of Leith's trendiest and most popular eateries
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

Lovely restaurant and busy. Very attentive, friendly staff. We chose the lunch time deal 2 courses for £10. Great deal and plenty to choose from. Served on hot plates, just enough, not over facing and we didn't feel hungry when we left. The thing that lets it down is the over priced wine and they don't sell carafe's of house wine.

tony c, Owner at Vittoria On The Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

I am pleased that you took advantage of our very well priced 2 courses for £10.00 lunch offer.

Your feedback is appreciated regarding our wine and the new pricing. It is our philosophy to put more quality in our food and beverage supply; better provenance and sustainability with our food buying and authenticity in our wine and other drink purchases. Our wines are supplied by excellent suppliers who create wines that are not full of additives and preservatives. The market is flooded with cheap wines that are not what they say they are as by law producers do not have to print on the label what is truly in the wine. It is the old adage, you get what you pay for. I will continue to ensure that the quality in the food and wine is carried throughout my restaurants and I will always do my best to offer the best value to my guests.

Thank you for your custom and your review. Both are greatly appreciated.

Tony Crolla

Write a ReviewReviews (1,520)

Reviewed 25 September 2015

Writing this review is long overdue as I have been visiting Vittoria on the Walk many times over the past few years and can honestly say it's my favourite restaurant in Edinburgh. The food is lovely and wine tasty, but the thing that I love the most about this place is the atmosphere and the superb staff. I have been to this restaurant as a couple, with friends, family, colleagues, and, yes, once or twice alone when I've needed a bit of time for myself, and each time the staff have been very friendly (without being intrusive) and made me feel comfortable in this restaurant. They are also fantastic with kids - even the lively ones - and overall you get the feel of a great family restaurant. Granted, it can get a bit busy and noisy at times, but that's fine with me, it adds to the family feel, but they are also very accommodating and if you need a quieter corner they'll do their best to find you one. So, all in all, great food, great staff and great atmosphere. Even my mum who lives abroad wants to dine here every time she is visiting us! Will be back.

tony c, Owner at Vittoria On The Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2015

Thank you for your kind and generous review. We appreciate your years of loyal custom and are very happy that we are your "go to" place for all occasions. We look forward to welcoming you back and trust that we will continue to deliver the great service and home away from home experience for years to come.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

We visited Vittora's for my birthday as we wanted somewhere where we were guaranteed a great meal and service. Unfortunately this looks like it will be the last visit we pay!
The service was great and we could not fault him one bit as he did everything he could but the food quality seems to have went down and prices up. For starters, I had the Focaccia Italian and my partner had the mozzarella rice balls. For nearly £6, these two rice balls come out and are not far off the size of a malteaser! For mains, we thought we couldn’t go wrong with a steak burger and a lasagne – wrong. The steak burger was dry and had no flavour to it and the lasagne was sitting in a pool of oil. For what we paid at the end, we both agreed the meal did not match the price and unfortunately won’t be returning. We had to get a taxi home early as we felt awful afterwards as well, not a good end to a Birthday! This was really disappointing as I am a regular customer at Vittoria's and always recommended the place to anybody looking for a good meal.

I would also recommend asking for a seat towards the back. We were seated at the front, next to the steps from the reception and it wasn’t the cosiest of places to sit.

tony c, Owner at Vittoria On The Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologise for the poor food quality that you received. I can assure you that we use the best free range chicken, free range eggs, DOP tomatoes and cheese and salami's imported from Italy.I would like to sincerely thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that we have made the changes to the menu so that your experience is not repeated.

I hope you will forgive our errors and try us again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Enjoyed our first night in Edinburgh with a meal at this lovely restaurant. My husband and friend ordered lasagna and her husband and I ordered different flavored pizzas. When they arrived we shared. We were so full only 2 desserts were ordered but we shared. Very moreish!
The place is very busy and was quite noisy but the food was excellent. The staff were helpful and friendly and we were welcomed by a lovely young man.
All in all a lovely experience and good value.

Thank you for your excellent review. I am pleased that you enjoyed our homemade lasagne and pizzas. We create the dough in house fresh daily and all pizza and pasta dishes are available gluten free.

Your kind words will be passed on to the team. Thank you for your custom.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

We booked a table for 14 for a family birthday. Starters were a little slow in coming which was just about tolerable even though only half of us had one. One starter came which wasn't ours, mine was missed and then obviously prepared in a hurry and served when the others were halfway through theirs. The waitress asked if we wanted a break before the main course and I said no but they were obviously busy as we had to wait. I did say to her to just please get some food on the table!The main courses came out in 3 separate groups of food and one childs meal had been forgotten about until staff were reminded twice. Desserts were quickly served but by then the restaurant was significantly quieter.
One member of the party did complain to the staff/manager - not sure what the outcome was and was trying not too focus on what wasn't working for the meal and ensure the older members of the party were enjoying themselves. The food itself was good and the staff weren't standing about doing nothing. It seemed to me that there were too many customers for the kitchen to cope with.
I left before the bill came to get the car for the older guests and my brother paid the bill which included a 10% service charge - he paid the bill in full so as not to cause a fuss. Personally I would have reduced the service charge to 5%.
Sorry, but disappointed in the evening!

1  Thank Sharon T

I would like to sincerely apologise for the poor service that you received on your family visit.We are in the business of creating wonderful experiences for our guests and clearly we have failed in this instance. I have investigated and can assure you that changes have been made in order for this not to happen again. I hope you will forgive us for our errors and try us again in the future.