“Evening out. ”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

Have to say service was very good indeed and pleasant and helpful.
Food was very good the lamb was cooked to perfection for my taste I got exactly what I asked for
Liked the set up in the restaurant went in on a Wednesday wasn't too busy though bar area was busy.
Retired to the bar area was quick excellent service

Reviewed 12 April 2015

As part of a 40th birthday event in Edinburgh, we stopped off for pre-dinner cocktails at Tempus, a lively, boisterous bar/restaurant beneath The George Hotel in Central Edinburgh. Clearly a popular venue for both residents and non-residents, the bar is fresh and engaging, if a little noisy. We opted for two raspberry mousses - or should that be mice? - a labour-intensive assembly of Chambord and raspberry puree, drizzled into a long champage glass ad served with fresh raspberries. My fourth guest and I opted for a traditional gin and tonic. A great stop off venue, either pre-dinner in the main restaurant or en route to another dining establishment, as we were. Not recommended for quiet cosy chats.

Reviewed 5 April 2015

We pre-booked as 13 of us but food was very average. We weren't sat together which was disappointing especially as the restaurant wasn't very busy...
When we spoke to the restaurant manager her was extremely rude and just walked away when we were talking to him. I wouldn't recommend here for a meal - try to go to the Dome... It's beautiful in there and lots of atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 March 2015

Had a voucher so we ate here. With the voucher it is pretty limited as to what you can order. A choice of three starters, three mains and three desserts. However the wine is exceptional good. Our server aimed to make sure we were alright throughout.

Food was standard hotel and could have done with more on my plate

Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

I booked this restaurant months in advance with an Itison voucher. Staff were very attentive and accommodating, but food pretty average. The early bird menu available with the voucher was quite limited, although you do get a glass of bubbly with it. Got charged separately for soft drinks. I don't drink. I wouldn't buy another one if I was going back.