“How do you burn a baked potato!”
Review of Cafe Rapido

Cafe Rapido
Ranked #2,056 of 2,777 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Rapido fish and chips takeaway is right in the city center of Edinburgh serving the best authentic Italian Pizza and traditional fish and chips. We are proud of our food and service.
Reviewed 30 November 2017

I stupidly spent my money on a baked potato with an egg mayonnaise filling. The potato was burnt and the egg mayonnaise had one egg yolk and the rest was rubbery white of egg. Another interesting twist is if you order a filling of cheese and pickle this is considered and charged as two fillings! Rapido survives because it is open late and an easy stop for those that come out of the pubs around it.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I ordered a meat feast pizza, fish and chips, and a cheese and ham toastie for 3 of us after a night out.

The food arrived in about 40 mins which was quite good for Friday night standards.

We tucked into our food but discovered to our horror a piece of chewing gum in the toastie.

We thought it was a piece of stringy cheese at first, but it smelt of mint and as per the photos, you can see it is clearly chewing gum.

We then phoned the restaurant, and quickly got passed to the manager. He sent a new toastie out to us, which arrived within 20mins.

Probably not going to purchase food from Rapido ever again due to this very serious issue.

1  Thank Bibster92
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I go to Rapido regularly (well I did). There have been occasions of poor service but it's on my way home and handy.
Tonight I went in to buy a pizza. I was served by a very nice lad....after standing waiting for about 2 mins waiting for a boy and girl to stop chatting and serve me (I WAS THE ONLY CUSTOMER THERE with three staff). The guy who served me was clearly busy working topping up sauces and stuff. he noticed I had been standing and stopped doing what he was doing and came over to serve me while his two collegues carried on their conversation. I ordered the pizza he shouted over to the guy talking to the girl my order and went back to working. I assumed the pther guy started on my pizza....but no after about five minutes talking to the girl the guy who served me shouted over to tell him to start my pizza!!!
When I got home and opened the pizza box there was next to no topping on it and clearly not cooked properly.
I have been going to Rapido for years....today was the last time.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Terrible Food! Soggy fish and old hard chips! Service followed suit.
Do Not Eat here!

Much Better Fish and Chips nearby

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This place should be closed down for the food it is serving to the public just had chips which had clearly been refried from some time in a bygone era they were brick hard absolutely disgusting