“Never again ”

Price range: US$3 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Rapido fish and chips takeaway is right in the city center of Edinburgh serving the best authentic Italian Pizza and traditional fish and chips. We are proud of our food and service.
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting. Refried chips (in old stinky oil) looking like a old wipe. Ugly sausage touched by dirty hands without gloves after taking a money. Ketchup tasting like an acid. Not fresh salads. Cashier put a lot of salt on everything even on a roll. Ask me few times what I want to order (again and again) and then not even add everything on a bill. Very not happy. Never ever again. Worst spend money ever.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Well I would love to review the food... but how can I when it didn't show? After placing an order to sober us up which came to £17.90 we were told it would be an hour. Understandable on a Saturday night! The time until delivery then increased by 45 mins. We were getting very hunger and tired at this point but we still kept our chill. The just eat app then told me that it had been delivered! But where too? It certainly wasn't my mouth because I'm currently battling a horrific hangover cause I HAD NO FOOD! So either someone else is munching on our pizza and baked tattie or you need a new delivery guy cause he got hungry last night and tucked into a late night snack. So I'm now £17.90 short and holding back the spew. Thanks for nothing. Aye... Rapido caffe... so Rapido that I never saw the food.

Money back would be greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

I placed an order last night, which to start with took over an hour to arrive..... over an hour - to cook chip and fry a few things...
The hamburger did not come with a burger bun or toppings, something which should have been noted on the website. The burger itself that I received was not edible, it was tough and hard to swallow. The jumbo sausages were just about edible, they were almost as tough as the burger. It would have been easier for me to just eat the £20 I gave them, there probably would have been more flavour to it. I will not be using Rapido Cafe again. I also recommend you do not use Rapido Cafe either.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

I ordered a substantial quantity of food from this place in the middle of the night and it took an hour and a half to arrive!! I was not told it would take this long when I ordered the food. We finally received our delivery and were completely disappointed. The chicken tasted like cardboard in breadcrumbs, the chips were soggy, floppy and bland and the pizza was rock solid and inedible. The greatest disappoint of my trip and above all the worst takeaway I've ever had in my life!

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Ok feed but don't support businesses that charge for the use of debit cards. That's the cost of doing business.