“IF YOU WANT GOOD FOOD GO SOMEWHERE ELSE”
Review of Cafe Rapido

Cafe Rapido
Ranked #2,056 of 2,777 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Rapido fish and chips takeaway is right in the city center of Edinburgh serving the best authentic Italian Pizza and traditional fish and chips. We are proud of our food and service.
Reviewed 19 February 2017

I placed an order last night, which to start with took over an hour to arrive..... over an hour - to cook chip and fry a few things...
The hamburger did not come with a burger bun or toppings, something which should have been noted on the website. The burger itself that I received was not edible, it was tough and hard to swallow. The jumbo sausages were just about edible, they were almost as tough as the burger. It would have been easier for me to just eat the £20 I gave them, there probably would have been more flavour to it. I will not be using Rapido Cafe again. I also recommend you do not use Rapido Cafe either.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

I ordered a substantial quantity of food from this place in the middle of the night and it took an hour and a half to arrive!! I was not told it would take this long when I ordered the food. We finally received our delivery and were completely disappointed. The chicken tasted like cardboard in breadcrumbs, the chips were soggy, floppy and bland and the pizza was rock solid and inedible. The greatest disappoint of my trip and above all the worst takeaway I've ever had in my life!

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Ok feed but don't support businesses that charge for the use of debit cards. That's the cost of doing business.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

We had fish and chips here the other day. The food was fine, but not the best I've had. The service was very quick and efficient. I would probably try them again if I'm nearby.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

This is a surprisingly friendly place, good Italian food, deals often available.It is a nice place for an earthy meal out. Food was pretty average, and one of the pasta dishes had to be sent back because it was cold. To be fair the cost of the pasta dish was knocked off the final bill.