“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Description: Memorable flavours and world-class cuisine. A truly outstanding culinary experience, worthy of its Michelin star for the 13th consecutive year. As one of the finest Edinburgh restaurants, 'Number One' presents an innovative blend of Scottish and French flavours. Saute Foie Gras with duck confit. Borders lamb, broad beans and grelot. Rhubarb and white chocolate panna cotta. Take a seat on the golden banquettes and sample some of Scotland's most creative dishes from our tasting menus. Equally striking are the original artworks from The Royal College of Art that hang on the red lacquered walls.
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My first visit to Number One and a Michelin star restaurant and it was everything I hoped and more. From the minute we walked in we were looked after so well. The staff couldn't be more helpful. Especially the sommelier. We opted for the tasting menu and could not fault it. Every mouthful was exquisite and worked so well together. I can't recommend enough. Cant wait to return!

1  Thank pami196
Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Me and my partner recently dined here and found the food and service to be amazing the attention to detail was fantastic and the professionalism of the staff was great everyone looked smart and nothing was a hassle at all. Only thing is next time we will stay in the Hotel after such good food and wine.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

The whole experience was superb!! This restaurant is a must for a special occasion!!

Reviewed 7 February 2012

We have been to this restaurant once before (about 2 years ago) and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We went again and had an even better time. The food is superb, the service beyond compere and the staff are young and knowledgable about their product. The sommelier was particularl;y impressive. It is not cheap but I would rather go without meals at other restaurants to eat here. The bread board is the best I have seen anywhere - and all baked in their own kitchens.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I live fairly near and eat here at least once a month. I love it. Lovely food, service, ambience. Hope it stays just the way it is.