“Perfect for City Break or Murrayfield”
other travellers have booked this property
Living room: the dining table set for six.
The master bedroom (with en-suite): plenty of room for a travel cot (cot provided on request). The master bedroom (with en-suite): ample wardrobe and storage space.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Living room: the dining table set for six.
The master bedroom (with en-suite): ample wardrobe and storage space.
The master bedroom (with en-suite).
Master bedroom en-suite: WC, fitted cabinets, wash hand basin and shower.
Master bedroom en-suite: WC, fitted cabinets, wash hand basin and shower.
Double bedroom.
Double bedroom: extra storage and mirror.
The twin bedroom.
The twin bedroom: extra storage and mirror.
Main bathroom: bath with shower over it, wash hand basin and WC.
Main bathroom: bath with shower over it, wash hand basin and WC.
Kitchen: fridge freezer, gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave.
Kitchen.
Living room: two comfortable three-seater sofas and a nest of tables.
Living room and dining area: plenty of space to relax.
Dining area and bookcase with a few books and DVDs.
Tailored hampers available on request.
Teabags, fresh coffee and sugar are provided.
Outside: our living room, double bedroom and kitchen windows.
Outside: a modern apartment in beautiful surroundings.
Outside: looking at the apartment from the street.
Outside: the front entrance to the apartment.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
debstony2...
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Perfect for City Break or Murrayfield”
Reviewed 9 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome pack of food and drink and given lots of advice where to visit.The apartment was fantastic and just what we wanted with very comfortable beds and furniture - ideal after a hard day of sight-seeing.
It's only a couple of miles from the City Centre so you have a choice of walking, or, using public transport. Both the City buses or the Trams are only a short distance away and are excellent value. I would totally recommend this rental to anybody visiting Edinburgh.

Your age range 50-64
12 Apr 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience. I'm delighted to hear you found my apartment so comfortable, and that you enjoyed your welcome pack, too. The location of the apartment is just one of many reasons I chose this particular apartment for my holiday rental, and I'm pleased to hear you also found its location so convenient during your stay. Thank you for choosing my apartment for your visit to Edinburgh, and also for your kind recommendation. After our messages back and forth, it was wonderful to finally meet you all, and to welcome you to the city. I look forward to welcoming you all back if/when you return to Edinburgh. Take care until then; sending warmest wishes to you all. Maya.
Cherrypie...
“Home from home. Amazing location. Don't hesitate to book. ❤❤❤”
Reviewed 2 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

This is our second time staying at Russell Gardens. We booked initially for our first visit in May 2015 when we were looking for a place to rent for a wedding. We needed 4 days and this was a fraction of the cost and we had all your homely facilities thrown in without being confined to a room and having to eat out all the time. From the minute we booked Maya was first class with all correspondence. She replied quite promptly to all our emails which set our mind at ease. This kind hospitality was extended from the beginning right through to getting home. It was at this point we knew we needed to book again for the rugby. As soon as the dates were released for the 6 nations I contacted Maya immediately. It was like contacting a friend you hadn't seen in a while. Again our booking experience was second to none and we couldn't wait to visit. Obviously it was a roaring success for me as Scotland went on to win against Wales.

As for the accommodation. It is just fabulous. You have everything you need from a holiday let and more. (I missed the part about dishwasher and washing machine - found them on this visit.) the apartment is very clean, very fresh but most of all very homely. The personal touches such as your personalised welcome letter is a special touch. You don't really get that in hotels. The exchanging of keys is easy. Maya is there to greet you, she will give you any information you need and has a hand guest book with info in it for you too. The aparatment is well situated even if you don't have your own transport as the tram line which runs between Edinburgh city centre and the airport is a stones throw from the accommodation as is a convenience store, bars, restaurants and Murrayfield Stadium.

I could go on more but you really will struggle to find a better home from home experience. You won't be disappointed. X

5 Mar 2017
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and for such a fabulous review! It was a genuine pleasure to welcome you all back, and to meet a couple of new faces during your most recent stay. As you say, it was like hearing from a friend I hadn't seen in a while, and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your previous stay so much that you booked again for your rugby trip. I'm glad you had everything you needed at Russell Gardens, and it's a pleasure to provide further help with any aspect of your stay. It's great to hear you all enjoyed yourselves so much over the weekend, particularly the Scotland v Wales game at Murrayfield! The location of the apartment for both the rugby and also for the tram line is perfect; it's one of the many reasons I chose this particular property for my holiday rental. Thank you again for choosing my apartment for your return visit. It was lovely to see you all again, and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future, whether for rugby, or for some friend/family time. Thanks again and warmest wishes to you all. Maya.
Mlambies
“A great place”
Reviewed 3 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

We have gone to Edimburgh to Celebrate Hogmanay and my husband's birthday. We chose this apartment and it were a great choice.
The apartmed is super, clean and tidy so with many amenities. The owner is very friendly and has been waiting for us since we made the reservation in May until our return home. Our trip has been wonderful so the accommodation has been important for it.
I recommend a lot this apartment if you want feel at home.
We thank Maya and her mother who also kindly attended to us for their dedication and attentions.
We hope to go back to Scotland and sure we will go to Maya's apartment.

3 Jan 2017
Thank you very much for such a lovely review, and thanks also for taking the time to share your thoughts; it's much appreciated. After our messages back and forth throughout the year, it was wonderful to finally meet you and welcome you all to the apartment. I'm so happy you all had a wonderful Hogmanay/new year and that your husband enjoyed his birthday in Edinburgh; what a wonderful way to mark the occasion! I aim to provide a "home from home" for my guests, so I'm delighted to hear you were so pleased with the apartment and also that you felt at home during your stay. I'll pass your comments to my mum, as she'll be touched by your words, too. Thank you again for choosing my apartment and I look forward to welcoming you all back! All the best for a wonderful 2017 and warmest wishes to you all. Maya.
Philip S
“Superb welcome, facilities and location”
Reviewed 1 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

The apartment is just outside the city centre and has parking available, which makes it easy to drive to. It is also on the tram/route between the airport and train station, with stops just a couple of minutes' walk away. It is a 15-minute walk into the centre. Tesco Express and takeaways are also a couple of minutes away. We appreciated Maya's welcome and the basic provisions and wine awaiting us. The apartment has everything we needed and we'll certainly return.

2 Jan 2017
Thank you for choosing my apartment for your stay in Edinburgh; it was a pleasure to welcome you all! Thank you also for taking the time to write a review; I'm very pleased to hear that the location and parking was so convenient for you, as they were a few of the main reasons I chose this particular apartment. It's a safe and quiet neighbourhood, but so close to everything one might need when staying in Edinburgh. You're very welcome for the provisions and wine. As a keen traveller myself, I like to treat my guests the way I expect to be treated, so I'm glad to hear you had everything you needed at the apartment. I look forward to welcoming you all back when you return. Until then, stay well and I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2017! Warmest wishes, Maya.
douetesvo...
Fairfield County, CT
“Applause, applause!”
Reviewed 30 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

Our party of 4 adults made this comfortable rental property our home away from home during a brief visit to Edinburgh in October 2016 as we wrapped up a longer tour of Scotland.
We were delighted with the flat’s location and features, all of which were top-notch and compared favorably to similar rentals we’ve enjoyed in Europe and North America.
The residence was spacious and gracious, equipped with just about every creature comfort travelers would want: We were spoilt for choice with regard to kitchen equipment (although there's no shortage of restaurants a short walk or tram ride away). Bedrooms offered comfy beds and plenty of room to stash suitcase contents. In addition to our light, bright, and quiet surroundings, nearby on-street parking was much-appreciated. Kudos to the property owner, who was accessible, responsive, and effortlessly anticipated our every need or question. We look forward to returning!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Everything was top notch, and the property owner was responsive and gracious.
Liked least: Having to leave so soon!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
1 Dec 2016
Thank you very much for choosing my apartment for your stay, and also for taking the time to share your thoughts; it's much appreciated! It was wonderful to welcome you all to Edinburgh and to finally meet you after our messages back and forth. I'm touched and humbled to hear that "everything about the experience was top-notch". I strive to make my guests' experiences as memorable and as smooth as possible, so I'm very pleased to hear you had everything you needed for a wonderful holiday, and that the beds were comfy enough for you! Thank you again; sending warmest wishes to you all. Maya.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing