Review Highlights
Scotland Trip with Brian!

It was such and awesome experience! Brian was wonderful and I am already wanting to go back to... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
Nomad57896679176
Where do we begin?!

This tour far exceeded our expectations! Dealing with Brian while booking the tour beforehand was... read more

Reviewed 11 October 2018
kjmitchvacationer
Bel Air, Maryland

All reviews brian collie his knowledge highly recommend brian isle of skye scottish history day tour nordic visitor private tour custom tour film sites master story teller shore excursion unique perspective beautiful country scratched the surface fabulous guide stunning scenery
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Brian Collie knows what he's doing when it comes to planning an itinerary. Having never been to Scotland, we relied on his expertise to put together an unforgettable trip. He asked us what our interests were and planned a great trip that we thoroughly enjoyed. Our visit to Scotland would not have been the same without his personal touches and suggestions. Thanks, Brian!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Warm, intelligent, and funny, Rob Hall is the best guide we've encountered in years of travel. My family and I toured with Rob for 12 days, traveling from Edinburgh through Speyside into the Highlands and finally along the Western coast. With his immense and contagious energy, Rob breathed life into every castle, every scenic stop, and, of course, every distillery. His knowledge of Scottish history--from pre-history through the Picts and Celtics into the medieval period and, finally, the modern age--is absolutely encyclopedic. There was hardly a question Rob couldn't answer, and there is true and authentic passion in everything Rob shares. We received an education to match any university course. I've never learned so much from a guide and will always appreciate our new knowledge of Scotland and its history.

In addition to the amazing facts, stories, and historical trivia, Rob's witty and upbeat personality made for a wonderful atmosphere as we travelled to many locations. Every day was filled with laughter and a natural ease. Rob is the life of the party, the type of person who can make a fun time out of any situation. Personal Tours of Scotland crafted a trip that put us in wonderful environments, giving us day after unforgettable day.

We've made a wonderful friend in Rob Hall and would recommend a trip to Scotland just to experience it with such an experienced, informed, and thoughtful guide. I can't imagine a better way to experience Scotland's history and its natural beauty. 11/10.

1  Thank Billie W
BrianJCollie, Owner at Personal Tours of Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Hi,
I knew that Rob would give you a wonderful time. He truly loves his work...which, lets face it... to us, is not really work. You guys take us on holiday with you and we reallyappreciate it!
I have spoken to Rob and i think he will genuinly miss you guys.

I have already got bopokings for Rob for next year so tell your friends...

Thanks again,
Brian

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I cannot speak highly enough of this tour! We were a group of four: 85 yr old Mom, 60ish daughters and husband on an 8 day tour around Scotland. We were blessed with Steve Haye as our guide, who was the most energetic, fun, knowledgable guide we could have ever had! When it turned out Mom had overestimated what she could do, Brian and Steve managed somehow to rebook all of our accommodations in the middle of high season (!!) to get accessible rooms. They also managed to jig the itinerary so that everyone was able to see and do the most important things on their list. Infinitely good natured and accommodating! Steve kept us always entertained with the "real" history of Scotland: "But that's not what really happened....." followed by a much more entertaining (and gory) story. He found us great places to eat and managed to have it rain only while we were in the van(!) With our multiple special needs and interests that they handled perfectly, I could not have been happier! Thank you, Brian and Steve!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This was the best decision made, I got to visit Glaims Castle as well as a few promised surprises.

Rob was fantastic, he was both knowledgeable and entertaining. I even got a new name for the day (accidently of course) and he took the teasing in stride.
If you are able to accomodate in your budget I highly recommend you take the opportunity.

Brian organised everything perfectly and Rob delivered beyond expectation.

Date of experience: June 2017

Thanks fopr your great Review, you cant help but get a great tour with Rob!
If Rob read the telephone book, you would be rivited...but which such great material to hand...he has the ability to even make the motorway journeys sound amazing!

Brian

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I contacted Brian about arranging a private tour and had a long list of the things I wanted to see in four days. Brian was wonderful at offering suggestions for additional places and getting me set up with Rob Hall for the tour. In four days I feel like I saw nearly everything. Rob was so much fun to be around and he made me feel completely comfortable, even though I was traveling alone. It felt more like I was on a road trip with a friend than a stranger. Rob has such an in-depth knowledge of Scottish history, geography and folklore. He truly knows everything there is to know about Scotland. I felt like I was taking a masterclass in history, and I enjoyed every minute. Rob was funny, thoughtful, and just an overall wonderful tour guide. He stopped for me to take pictures of sheep at least 20 times, he turned around if I saw something I had to take a picture of. He found the most incredible experiences and went so out of his way to make sure my experience was special, and it really was. I am afraid he has ruined me for any other tour guide as none will live up to the example he has set. If you want to see Scotland, contact Rob and see what he can put together. This tour was absolutely the experience of a lifetime and I cannot wait to tour again with Rob in the future. Brian was able to meet up with Rob and I to greet me and ask how the tour was going and I appreciated his caring and overall customer service. I cannot wait to book another tour with either Brian or Rob and am so thankful to have stumbled upon Brian's website. Thank you!!!

Date of experience: June 2017
BrianJCollie, Owner at Personal Tours of Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Thanks for a great review. Rob also enjoyed his tour with you.
Hope you managed to get your other tour organised!