Review Highlights
Scotland Trip with Brian!

It was such and awesome experience! Brian was wonderful and I am already wanting to go back to... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Nomad57896679176
Where do we begin?!

This tour far exceeded our expectations! Dealing with Brian while booking the tour beforehand was... read more

Reviewed 11 October 2018
kjmitchvacationer
Bel Air, Maryland

All reviews brian collie his knowledge highly recommend brian isle of skye scottish history day tour nordic visitor private tour whisky distilleries custom tour film sites master story teller shore excursion unique perspective beautiful country scratched the surface fabulous guide
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I contacted Brian about arranging a private tour and had a long list of the things I wanted to see in four days. Brian was wonderful at offering suggestions for additional places and getting me set up with Rob Hall for the tour. In four days I feel like I saw nearly everything. Rob was so much fun to be around and he made me feel completely comfortable, even though I was traveling alone. It felt more like I was on a road trip with a friend than a stranger. Rob has such an in-depth knowledge of Scottish history, geography and folklore. He truly knows everything there is to know about Scotland. I felt like I was taking a masterclass in history, and I enjoyed every minute. Rob was funny, thoughtful, and just an overall wonderful tour guide. He stopped for me to take pictures of sheep at least 20 times, he turned around if I saw something I had to take a picture of. He found the most incredible experiences and went so out of his way to make sure my experience was special, and it really was. I am afraid he has ruined me for any other tour guide as none will live up to the example he has set. If you want to see Scotland, contact Rob and see what he can put together. This tour was absolutely the experience of a lifetime and I cannot wait to tour again with Rob in the future. Brian was able to meet up with Rob and I to greet me and ask how the tour was going and I appreciated his caring and overall customer service. I cannot wait to book another tour with either Brian or Rob and am so thankful to have stumbled upon Brian's website. Thank you!!!

Date of experience: June 2017
BrianJCollie, Owner at Personal Tours of Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Thanks for a great review. Rob also enjoyed his tour with you.
Hope you managed to get your other tour organised!

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Five days on the Isle of Skye, Stirling and St Andrews. Highly recommend Stephen as a guide. Exceeded all expectations. Organization, accommodation and knowledge were outstanding. He even secured me an emergency dental appointment when my crown came away!

Date of experience: June 2017

Thank you very much for your great review. Steve will be delighted!

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I had arranged a 2 day tour with Brian early in the year and he indicated he would be available...but found out a few days before that we would have a different guide. At first I was disappointed because Brian gets such great reviews. BUT, we really lucked out with Rob Hall!!

Rob quickly assessed our interests and came up with an itinerary that really suited us -- and kept coming up with ideas along the way. He is an amazing historian, storyteller AND a whole lot of fun. Touring with Rob is like being with a lifelong friend showing you the country he loves. Wish we had planned more than 2 days... our time with Rob was the highlight of our trip!!

Thanks!! Debbie (and Don)

Date of experience: May 2017
BrianJCollie, Owner at Personal Tours of Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thanks Debbie,
I knew you would be in great hands with Rob!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I found Brian Collie via TripAdvisor and all the reviews looked great so I contacted him about a tour for my folks and me. We wanted to see Loch Ness and a couple of whisky distilleries and anything in between and Brian wrote up a bespoke tour for us. Brian had great stories and was very knowledgeable about everything. He was able to answer all of our questions and was an excellent driver as well. All of his recommended lodgings and dining locations were excellent. I have recommended Brian to my friends who will be traveling to Scotland and look forward to booking with him again in the future when I visit the Isle of Skye.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank wdragonm
BrianJCollie, Owner at Personal Tours of Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for your kind words, its not a job for me, I love going on tour and to get great, intererestin passengers is a bonus.
Hope to see you again,
Brian

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I was planning to propose to my girlfriend (now fiancee) during our short trip to Scotland in October. In order to maximize our time, I hired Brian to pick us up from the airport, show us around Edinburgh and enlisted his help with finding a location for my proposal. Brian was so helpful in planning our tour of Edinburgh and the Borders, and suggested a beautiful location for the proposal. Unfortunately our flight into Edinburgh was significantly delayed and the time we had for our tour was compressed. Brian however was very communicative and kept us on schedule and took us to see beautiful locations such as Dean’s Village, Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, and surrounding areas and got us to the proposal site with plenty of time to spare. Brian even took pictures of the special moment and had a bottle of champagne for us to celebrate with afterwards! It was a memory that we will cherish for the rest of our lives and it honestly could not have happened without Brian’s help. He is a fantastic tour guide who will keep you entertained, not just informed.

Date of experience: October 2016
BrianJCollie, Owner at Personal Tours of Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Hi Gerry,
How are you guys. It was one of my most memorable day trips too, thanks for letting me be part of it!