CODE POD Hostel
US$127
US$124
US$114
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$105
US$78
Agoda.com
1,134 results
All reviewspod bedsgreat locationpod stylethe penthousecommon roomfree breakfastrose streetenjoyed my staylate checknice stayother gueststrain stationvisit edinburghwould stay againcentral locationprincess streetprivacy
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Should you ever be looking for a super central location, great service, comfy beds, dozens of amenities, nice hot showers, good wi-fi, amazing breakfasts and a staff that just won't stop until you are happy (they are incredibly nice), then this is the place to go.

I thought I was going to be in trouble because I'm claustrophobic, I had even decided to sleep with my head facing the other way to see if it wouldn't bother me. I was prepared for it to be a problem. N-o-p-e! I ended up sleeping with my head facing the headboard - yes it has a tiny and cute headboard! The pods are very spacious and comfy, so do not fear!

And then there's the little details: the tiny chocolate, the earplugs, the power outlet/USB charger, the little shelf... I can go on and on about how wonderful the place is! And that breakfast, oh goodness, it was the nicest breakfast I've ever had in a hostel, they will spoil you rotten!.

Have I mentioned it's right smack in the middle of town? Perfect! Will stay again, for sure.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Code H, receptionist at CODE POD Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi There!
What a wonderful review! Thank you soo much!
All the staff is happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in our hostel and beautiful city. We do our best to ensure the best possible stay here!
The pods are very comfortable, aren't they? ;)

We hope to see you next time you're passing through Edinburgh :)

See you next time!
The CODE Team

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

At first we were slightly reluctant about staying in a pod hostel, because some of us are a bit claustrophobic. We soon realized that these Pods were so spacious and comfortable that they were even better than a bunk bed.
We booked an entire room and the space was so comfy and homey-like. The room had some necessary amenities that us girls craved, like a hairdryer.
Even though the hostel was not that big it made up for it with the nicest staff who welcomed us with open arms and open hearts. The breakfast selection was also very good and flavorful.
I will definitely return to Code!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
CODEHostelEdinburgh, reception at CODE POD Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Hi Catarina.

We are glad you enjoyed you stay, we also really enjoyed having you here!
Looking forward to see you again in the hostel!

Good luck in your future adventures!

The CoDE team.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

You have everything you need for a good price. Very clean and confortable. The people are very helpful, the breakfast is good and the beds have privacy. They accept my son (11 years old). The localization.. is the best! We need others Code hostel in others countries!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Best place that I ever stayed in my whole life! I´ve felt like home! I spent Christmas there, and I couldn´t have chosen a best place to do it! There was this special Christmas dinner in which we had the opportunity to meet the whole staff and guests. The bedroom was amazing and the staff superb! I´ll definitely go back there again, not only to visit the city, but to visit the staff as well! :)

Room Tip: They offer earplugs, so I don´t really think that the location of the room will matter!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
CODEHostelEdinburgh, other at CODE POD Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Hi Fernanda!

Thanks you so much for such a great review!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to see you again at CoDE hostel!

We hope your adventures went well and which you good luck for the future ones!

See you soon.

The CoDE team.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Fantastic hostel! I stayed here back in November and had a great stay. The location is great, just off Rose Street so you're mere steps away from a lot of restaurants, pubs and shops. It's less than a 5 minute walk to Princes Street, 10 minutes from Waverley Station, and about 15 from the Old Town.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and I loved the pod style beds! They're the next best thing to having your own room, offering more privacy than a typical dorm bed and had a surprising amount of storage space. I really liked the inclusion of a shelf, hook and towel bar inside the pod. I also liked that they had both usb and regular plug outlets with each pod. The rooms and bathroom were very clean, and the wifi was sufficiently speedy. The free breakfast was also more generous than I was expecting. It was nice having fresh waffles in the morning!

I really can't say enough nice things about this place. It's a steal for the price and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo