2,604 results
All reviewskrispy kremeretail parkcity centresteam roomtram stoptk maxxswimming poolpancake machineclose to the airportleisure facilitiesday tickettransport linksexecutive roomsofa bedmodern hotelbuffet stylefamily room
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Booked here last minute after a scramble when another hotel let us down. Glad we did. The Edinburgh tram makes a big difference in terms of hotel options. This hotel effectively has its own stop 5 mins away with journey time into central Edinburgh - no traffic jams, no taxi, no car parks - about 10 - 15mins for the price a few drinks. This was the last leg on small tour with rental car for us and the proximity of the hotel to the airport was also a boon - i write as someone who has sat in heavy traffic on the way to the airport worrying about departure times before (did i mention traffic ?). The hotel has everything you need for a family stop over - swimming pool, buffet breakfast, games machines in the lobby, and rooms that will take extra child beds. The food was straight forward but well done, the staff attentive to serving times for children etc. We stayed in an executive room which was clean/ still looking new but not ultra spacious. There were three of us (me plus two kids) which is probably the limit in terms of occupancy. We found all the staff from front desk to waiting staff to cleaners to be cheery and helpful. A few tips: the local area is a business park so local alternative restaurant options are limited (dunkin donuts !) so the breakfast buffet made sense to us. That said, and perhaps for dinner options, the tram is only 5 mins away. Also, we like to sleep with windows open and that is problematic as the trains (most of the night) can be loud - the air circulation (not air con) does work if you read the instructions. We will be back.

Room Tip: Executive room and avoid looking over train tracks
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Attila S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you so much Britinbremen for your delightful review. I really enjoyed reading about your stay in Edinburgh and our hotel and of course the added adventures to your trip. The team will be really pleased to read your kind comments abou tthem. Warm Regards, Karen.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Decided to stay here due to the location and previous good experience with Novotel. The location is great just a short walk to the tram station and 20 minutes later you are in the heart of the city absolutely perfect and the trams are so easy to use. The issues started after check in we didn't check in until 8pm , after dropping the car off in the car park in the morning, we then dropped the bags in the room and went to the bar which was very nice. We went back to the room later and the first annoying thing was some one had burned the bath from smoking not nice to look at, then the waste in the sink didn't work you had to remove it by hand to let the water out. I didn't complain at this point as my son wanted his bed. The worst thing about the room was the noise from the climate control system which sounded like 50 old fridges making a rattling noise and refused to turn off again didn't complain as my son was asleep after a fun day in Edinburgh but needless to say a very broken sleep for myself and my wife. Next morning lets all have showers but on trying to work the waste on the bath the control came off in my hand and didn't work also in the bathroom one of the tiles on the floor was so loose all the grout came out when you walked on it exposing very sharp edges, So lets have breakfast which was very good. On checking out my wife high lighted all of this to girl at check in who looked blankly at her after telling her about the room, one I sorry we will send someone to look at it. From her attitude I doubt very much anything was done about it pretty poor as she is representing Novotel also she allegedly validated the car park ticket which didn't work then when my wife went back in she had to argue with another receptionist to sort it out not the way I would assume the hotel wants to be portrayed.
I think we were just unfortunate and I should have basically asked to see the manager and be moved on the night but when your 6 year old son wants to sleep you just don't bother. Great location for trips to the centre, breakfast and service at breakfast great, horrible room and poor service from reception.

Room Tip: don't go to room 207 it horrible
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Attila S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you Kevin for your feedback. I am pleased that you like the location and it was ideal for you to do your trips. I have replied to you directly via our online guest survey response we received from you. Kind Regards, Karen.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This is a nice little hotel not to far from Edinburgh airport ideal for anyone traveling from the airport who needs accommodation prior to their flight. Rooms are fairly basic but nicely furnished. We had dinner in their restaurant which offered a good choice of food on their menu. Will use again if travelling from Edinburgh Airport as its very convenient

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Attila S, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Delighted with your review PIKBOB I am so glad that it was ideally suited for your pre flight plans. I hope you were going some place with a sunnier climate. Hopefully we can welcome you back again on your next pre flight stay over. Many Thanks. Haste ye back. Karen & the team.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

From the get go, the hotel was amazing. I came into the hotel to be greeted with big smiles from the receptionists and a quick check-in process. The room was spacious with a comfy bed and a fancy shower.

Hotel facilities were great. The bar serves food until late, I ate one night at 11pm and was glad they were still open! There is also a swimming pool and steam room, with access to free towels. Breakfast is varied and staff are very friendly.

There is fast wi-fi throughout the hotel, and parking is available at £4 a day (although you have to remember to get your ticket validated every time you want to leave). The hotel location is ideal, right next to Edinburgh Park Station with trams into the city centre frequently.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Great review dy8, thank you so much. We love being called "perfect" so cannot ask for anymore. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Many thanks again. Karen & the team.