All reviews b and b continental breakfast enjoyed our stay driveway bus guesthouse
Reviewed 4 July 2017

great communication from the owners giving me a free parking space on driveway couple doors down. very cheap b and b and the bed was very comfey.

very friendly staff

would definatley stay again, thanks

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank scottishgibo
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Quiet place about 10-15 minutes' walk from the city centre. Only met one member of staff and s, but she was friendly. The place is quite run-down, and a ltttle damp, but my room was ok - small, with a tv, small desk, kettle and tea/coffee + a sink (the bathroom was not shared, but was outside the room. Ok breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2017

I was in Castle Park Guest House in September 2016 to visit Edimburgh.
The place is nice and located in a very good position for the bus stop and you can visit the city center in a 10 minutes walk. The bedroom was spacious and comfy but it could be cleaner, especially the bathroom.
So I'd advice it for students and young people.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2016

My first instincts were walk straight back out....I wish I had! We arrived on Friday night, at the same time another guest was coming in, he looked homeless. The smell that hit us could only be described as damp, stale alcohol mixed with the aroma of nicotine and urine! The lady showed us to our room, (she was the only member of staff we saw in the place in 36 hours), she was infact lovely, but requested payment there and then, which i found very strange and rude. The room didnt smell just as bad as the hall way, but still smelly. The decor was very dated, dingy terracota, with smelly scatter cushions on the bed, the carpet was disgusting. We didnt sleep on the pillows in the bed, as they smelt of stale smoke, the linen was clean, but the smell was coming from the actual pillows. The windows were open in the room,which was onto the back of the premises, where the staff stand and smoke, hence the smell in the room. The bathroom on first look, looked nice, small but clean... until you look in the shower, 3 corners were black with gunge and dirt....we didnt use. The towels were clean, but so rough they may have taken a layer of skin off!! We booked breakfast for both mornings, needless to say we did not go to restaurant, so cant comment. The kettle in room didnt get used as we looked inside it :( You are issued with a key to your room, that also opens the front door.....so obviously every key to the rooms are the same for each room, so your room is not secure and your possessions are not safe. I hope I have prevented nice people having a terrible time like we did. We had ensuite room, but the communal bathroom was next to us, I could hear what people were doing the toilet, which wasnt very nice to wake up to. A taxi driver did indeed confirm to us that its the type of guest house that homeless/alcoholics get placed until they get permanent accomodation. Unfortunately due to time of year and time of night we arrived, we had no other option but to stay..... (

Room Tip: dont stay there
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, it's in a great location for the city centre, however our room was dirty. The bathroom had hairs in the shower and was full of limescale. The table where we ate breakfast was scattered with crumbs before we sat down to eat, and whole place was just generally dusty and dirty.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple