All reviewsb and bcontinental breakfastenjoyed our staydrivewaybusguesthouse
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed a couple of nights recently and would never stay again. It was convenient enough for Edinburgh and we were on a budget, so were not expecting anything particularly wonderful. However, the entrance hall stank of the owner's fried fish, the carpets needed cleaning throughout, the bathroom was okay, but not spotless and breakfast was poor - overcooked eggs, very cheap sausage, etc. As for the owner, I don't think I've ever met a more rude, surly, unkempt and unfriendly owner / manager / member of staff in any establishment I have stayed anywhere in the world. For £8 more per person the night before in St. Andrew's we were in a spotless, comfortable, beautifully appointed place with very friendly staff who could not have been more helpful.

Avoid this place and book one of the others on the same road (there are plenty of them).

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed there recently and think they provided a very good cooked breakfast, with a wide choice of cereals and fruit. I think most people could find something there they can eat. The bedroom was nicely decorated and clean, with a very large window. I think it's good value for money. There is a convenient bus service right outside the Hotel which will take you into town, if you don't wish to walk. The staff were very helpful and friendly, and can help if you want to know how to find your way around.
Well done, would recommend going there.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

The b&b is 20 mins by walking from the Edinburgh city centre. Our ensuite bedroom was nice and clean. We spent there 3 nights and everything was working. The only thing I was disappointed was about the staff because it was a bit unfriendly. If you need something you need to ring the bell twice and wait for the manager assistance.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Inside the B & B everything is narrow, but the room was spacey and clean. Walking distance to the centre is about 20 minutes, so that is okay. Value for money. Nice and friendly owner. Good breakfast.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Don't be put off by the look from the outside or the decor as you enter. My room was a double on the first floor, the bed was comfortable and the linen clean, the shower room was very small but the shower was great.
I would have loved to try the breakfast but it was only served from 8am and I had to meet people elsewhere.
Only thing to watch out for is the extra charge for using a card for payment, no mention of that when booking.

Room Tip: Give a ring before you arrive if getting there after 7pm
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces