US$215
US$210
US$165
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$274
US$156
US$109
Priceline
All reviewsshared bathroomdundas streetsingle roombotanic gardensbreakfast roomcooked breakfastvery pleasant staytop floorcity centrefrequent busesbus stopdefinitely stay here againminute walkbeautiful citygreat roombed was comfortablestayed nights
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I was very pleased with this guest house! I had a great room and bathroom and the breakfast is very substantial. It's also in a good location in the New Town, easily accessible to the Old Town by bus.

Stayed: May 2018
DeneGH, Reception at Dene Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Maringfro,

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you to have taken the time to review us, this is really important for us.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need to stay in Edinburgh again.

The Dene Team.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for four nights with my parents and older brother at Dene house and we had a great experience. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is really nice. The Spanish lady working at breakfast time was very helpful as the last day we needed an earlier checkout and she left our breakfast organised. If back yo Edinburgh, will go back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Belu274
DeneGH, Reception at Dene Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Hello Belu274,

Thank you very much for this nice review. For the guests who needed to leave the Guest House earlier than the breakfast hours, we propose some continental breakfast where you can just help yourself with coffee, tea and toast. This is a good thing when you have to take an plane or a train very early and the staff is not here to prepare you the breakfast!
I think that the staff will be happy to hear your review as we are working hard to satisfied the guests!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Stayed 2 nights in early May and would definitely return. Simone and husband love what they do, and it shows in the care they take with their guests. Had a single room with bathroom and it was everything I wanted. Close to Water Of Leith, Botanic Gardens and the bus to city centre - Princes St is a quick walk regardless. Breakfast is fun. Everybody is friendly.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Hello philtee2016,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and your room. We have a really great location to walk around Botanical Garden and Water of Leith, which are really nice to do when the weather it's sunny! :) We are glad that you liked breakfast and the guest house atmosphere and hope to see you again in Edinburgh!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed stay at this Dene Guesthouse.
Very comfortable room and excellent location.
The owner is also very kind and helpful to provide you all the informations that you required.
Absolutely recommended!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Hello Dani14011974,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate that! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always happy to help the guests for any informations about sightseeing in and around the city! We are also very lucky to be provided by a few bus stop around the Guest House, much easier to join the city center. :)

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I found this B&B by chance and considered myself very lucky to have done so!

A really lovely couple run this guest house - together with their sweet little puppy - who made my little dog feel very much at home! It is in a beautiful old building and I stayed in a quirky, quiet little ensuite room at the top with pretty views over gardens.

It was spotlessly clean throughout and both the staff and managers were charming.

The location was excellent. If on foot, turn right out of the building and then left at the end of the road. You are then on Dundas Strret which joins Hanover Street a little further up the hill. You can catch a bus on Dundas Street (I think a number 27) which takes you up the rather steep Hanover Street and drops you on the corner of Princes Street 2 or 3 minutes later. The bus fare is £1.70 and the driver is unable to give change.

My little travelling companion and I can't wait to return to Dene Guest House and this truly beautiful and dog friendly city. I highly recommend this establishment to anyone visiting Edinburgh with one proviso that as far as I know there is no elevator so if you are on an upper floor you would have to deal with the stairs. If this would cause you difficulties, I believe that there are rooms on the ground floor. On this particular trip, I travelled with almost no luggage but the manager has assured me that if I return with luggage - he always helps guests who have rooms on upper floors.

Room Tip: Be aware of stairs and speak to manager when booking to make sure no problems on arrival.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
DeneGH, Reception at Dene Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Hello Eliza-Jane29,

Thank you so much for this beautiful summary of your stay, which I think will give to future guests a very good preview about the Guest House. :)

We are all very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Edinburgh and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back at the Dene with your little companion!

It's a very old building and the size of the house does not allow to install an elevator... But we always try to respond the guests's request about the location of the room and when the luggage are too heavy, we are also happy to help!

Looking forward to see you at the Guest House,