See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2013

That's a plea from the heart - and my stomach - to Donna, who runs Kilmaurs House, surely one of the best B & B's in Edinburgh. She is threatening to stop providing breakfasts to die for and a welcome much warmer than the Scottish weather in favour of early retirement. My annual visits to the Edinburgh Festival just won't be the same without Donna and Kilmaurs House. Watch this space and if she changes her mind, book now. You won't regret it.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank colin m
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Kilmaurs House was our first stop after deplaning in Edinburgh, having been "on the road" for nearly 24 hours. The McKinlay's were the most enjoyable host/hostess, we very surely landed on our feet for the three nights we spent there. Ever helpful and accommodating, our hosts contrived to ease our trip in many ways, including a supper recommendation (Salisbury Arms) which turned out to be most excellent, and directions to several places, including walking directions to the Palace at Holyrood House. The rooms were large, and very comfortable; en suite shower was large, as well, and had uncommonly good (high) water pressure. The breakfast room was very bright, sunny, and gave us a great start on the day. Breakfast itself was a lovely fry-up for those inclined, fruit, cereal, and so on for those not. Great coffee! Very Highly Recommended, indeed.

Room tip: Book early, as they seemed to have no problem filling up.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank gtennant
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed here 2 nights and was very happy with the location and facilities. Donna is a super hostess and makes you feel right at home. Her suggestions (walk to Holyrood via the park - return via bus) certainly fit us. Recommendations for eating locally (Salsbury Hotel and Voujon) were hits with us. And her short-cut directions to the Glasgow airport made the trip so much easier.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days in mid September. We loved our host Donna and how she went out of her way to make our trip to Edinburgh a memorable one. The rooms were great with a comfortable bed and cable television. The breakfasts Donna prepared were delicious and she was always willing to give us travel ideas during our stay. She lent us golf clubs so we were able to play a couple of the numerous golf courses in the area. I would recommend this B & B to anyone. We look forward to returning in the near future.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed here with my friend during the few days that we spent in Edinburgh. It was the most lovely place. We had a spectacular view out of our bedroom window and it was in a nice quiet location close to everything. The owner is fantastic and was an exceptional host. She was very accommodating to my friends dietary needs and made sure we had a delicious breakfast every morning. She also gave great insight into what we should see and do around the city. A wonderful place that I would recommend to anyone, and would visit again myself!

Date of stay: June 2012