See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2012

It is a wonderful Guest House. The rooms are comfortable, nice and clean. The breakfast is really good and Donna (the hostess) is simply lovely. She makes you fell at home during all your stay.
Thank you very much Donna!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Kilmaurs is located just off a main road (free parking on street), about a 25 minute scenic walk from the bottom of the Royal Mile, or on a main frequent bus route into town.

The owners were very friendly, the rooms were large and comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was fantastic - an extensive buffet with lots of fresh fruits, and a choice of cooked options including some Scottish treats (haggis!).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The Guest House was clean, the breakfast was great and the owners were very friendly and helpful. My only thought was the bathroom was quite small. Not a problem for my cousin and I but would be for a larger person. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again if we returned.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My self and my husband spent 2 nights at Kilmaurs guest house in Edinburgh. It's our second time there as we enjoyed it so much the first time. I'd say it's the best guest house we've been to!! The guest house is in a great location, on a lovely quiet street only a 2 minute walk from the main road where the bus stops are to the city centre. At the back of the guest house is Arthur's seat if you fancied a nice walk. Donna, the host, is so lovely and will ensure you've got everything you need. Our room was lovely and a nice size bathroom. Donna would leave the heating on in the room to ensure it was nice and warm when we came back at the end of the day.

Now, the breakfast.....we've never had a breakfast like it at a guest house/b & b before, it's fantastic. There was so much choice: fresh fruit including blueberries, strawberries, raspberries amongst many more, yoghurt, cereal, muffins and then a full english. Great!!

Definitely stay here if you're looking for a guest house near the city centre. Great price, fantastic breakfast, lovely location, wonderful host and nice sized rooms.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I spend the night here recently and we greatly enjoyed the location near Arthur's Seat. Very easy to get to downtown by bus from the guest house also. Breakfast provided was very good. The owners of the home or pleasant and knowlegable, just do not accidentally peek into a private room, you may be barked at by one of them. Also, impossible to get wi-fi in room 5, I had to get reception on the landing outside of the room!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple