1,935 results
All reviews continental breakfast andrews square balcony room great location scottish theme tram stop tea and coffee cold meats rooms are small central location rose street top floor yogurt christmas market waverley station royal mile reception area
Reviewed 5 October 2018

The staff are ever so welcoming and helpful. They come from a variety of backgrounds and have good local knowledge to recommend places to eat, drink and be merry! The location is superb between Princes and Queen Streets. The room is well equipped with all necessary details and the continental breakfast is plentiful. In true Ibis Style branding the rooms, hallways and reception are unique and befitting to Scotland. A home away from home.

Room tip: Rooms facing onto David Street can be noisy due to construction across the road.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Brenton C
PatrickH5322, Manager at Ibis Styles Edinburgh Centre St Andrew Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Brenton C,

Thank you very much for your lovely 5 star review! It is wonderful to see that our staff were able to make your stay so special and that you enjoyed all of the aspects of your stay with us.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Upon arrival the reception staff were very friendly and explained everything we needed to know about the hotel. They were very professional with it. The room itself was very spacious with excellent views. Clean and tidy. Hairdryer included in the room.
The breakfast is continental style, with pastries, breads and cereals which is freshly replenished and tea & coffee available 24hrs. The location is only a 5 minute walk from Waverley station and is quiet considering how close it is to the bars/pubs. A fantastic choice of hotels and would recommend highly for those who are either on business or sight seeing in the beautiful city.

Room tip: high floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear laurac0x,

What a fantastic review! Thank you very much for taking the time to write it, we really appreciate all of your kind words.
I was so happy to see that you would recommend our hotel to anyone choosing to visit our beautiful city and I hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Ideal location for shopping, dining and museums, I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel with its fun and cheerful look and style. While I only stayed for one night, I was welcomed by a warm, friendly and helpful staff, got a spacious room. I did not try breakfast - it was a quick overnight stay - but other guests seemed to be enjoying it when I dropped off my bags. With hotel prices in Central Edinburgh varying so much for the quality, this was good value. Another selling point, walk across St. Andrew's Park to the tram that takes you directly to Edinburgh Airport.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Mara H,

Thank you very much for leaving a review of your stay with us. It is great to see that you were pleasantly surprised by our hotel and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Ibis Styles for 5 nights then checked out for two then checked in again for 1. The hotel was short walking distance to lots of shopping and restaurants and about 1 km to the Royal Mile (up hill).
Pros- front counter and wait staff are awesome. They serve a few but tasty items and drinks in their lounge if you don’t feel like going out. Breakfast was tasty and we always found a table. Free coffee and hot chocolate.
Cons - cleaning staff. A couple days into our first stay we realized the house keepers were only making bed and taking out garbage but not wiping anything down. I had used a spoon and it wasn’t removed or the small mess under cleaned up so I mentioned it to the staff that our room wasn’t being cleaned and they would pass on the message. Next day I used the second spoon in our room and it still wasn’t cleaned. By day five when we checked out it wasn’t cleaned still.
When we checked in the second time, we noticed that the curtains were partial off the track and hanging on the ground. They could not fix so put us in another room which was fine. Except this was now late at night and when getting ready for bed I noticed a coffee ring on our shelf that wasn’t cleaned from the last people and hair in the shower. This would have be a superb hotel otherwise.
Only other complaint is the towels. No hand towel or place to hang one. Towels for showering were really thin and small.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Melanie S,

Thank you very much for leaving us with the review for your stay. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the stay you had in our hotel and thank you for all your kind words about the staff in the hotel, that is great to hear.

I was sorry to hear about the issues you encountered in the room. Please be assured that we have spoken to the department responsible to ensure that this does not happen again.

We hope to see you back in our hotel in the future.