2,069 results
All reviews meal deal royal mile grass market usher hall lothian road grassmarket area minute walk princes street budget hotel quiet room would stay here again good nights sleep short break night's sleep stayed for nights excellent stay comfy bed
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Location was excellent. Room was nice and big Visited bar area where had tv had some food before we went out wedding. Breakfast was great
Hotel was very busy clean and comfortable. We had nitecap once came home from wedding in bar area. Will be back again soon

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Only redeeming factor was one fantastic helpful and apologetic staff member Paul who tried to make up for: another staffer overcharging for breakfast on arrival, the room having a high pitched hum from the bathroom fan and us being stuck in the lift which plummeted then stopped mid floors on the way to breakfast. We were rescued by staff after 30mins when engineers still 90 mins away! Crummy hotel - clean with new upgraded bathrooms but no phones or safes in rooms, no facecloths, no fridges, some surly staff and average breakfast.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience staying with us as it was not up to the standards you were expecting. We aim to ensure every stay is perfect and so I apologise we let you down on this occasion.

I apologise you found it to be noisy during your stay due to noise from the extractor fan in the bathroom. The extractor fans can be switched off so apologise this was not made clear.

We're also concerned to hear you became stuck in the lift and were stuck for 30 minutes until the team were able to rescue you. We can assure you this is an extremely rare incident.

Please be assured I have passed all of your feedback on to the Manager of the hotel to ensure this experience is not repeated.

We can confirm, none of our hotel rooms include a phone, safe, fridge or face clothes. This is the same in all of our hotels.

Once again I apologise for the disappointment caused and hope to welcome you to one of our other hotels again in the future.

Kind regards,

Rebecca

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

3 night stay in Edinburgh. Great staff very friendly and helpful.
Room very clean and towel change daily. Full Breakfast excellent and plenty of choice.
Bar worth a visit.
Great stay and location in Edinburgh would recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I've stayed in many different hotels in Edinburgh over the years, from high end to cheap and cheerful. This premier Inn is one I have stayed in a few times over the last 10 years as its close to the art school. This time I stayed for two nights and the rooms had been upgraded since my last visit. The shower was a nice edition from the usual bath with shower curtain that you usually have at a premier inn. The room was comfortable and clean. I was on the road side of the building, which was noisy, however I actually prefer this, hearing the city noise sends me off to sleep quickly. However if you are one of those people that like quiet, I would ask for a room that's not adjacent to the road. My only complaint was that the fan in the bathroom didn't work and the smell from the sink and shower wasnt good, however as I was out all day and only using the room as somewhere to sleep it didn't really bother me, if I'd have been staying longer I would have mentioned it. I must complement the staff as they are always helpful, friendly and only too happy to help if you ask. Enjoyable stay.
Tip for those not knowing the city:This hotel is just situated off the Grass market (a 2 minute walk), if only takes me 10 minutes to walk to the national gallery/prince's Street from here, but if you wanted to get a taxi it would cost approx £5 down to waverley Station. Enjoyed my stay, thank you.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Amelia Alice D
Reviewed 31 August 2018

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com