All reviews cuddie brae retail park train station pub next door attached pub train times adjoining restaurant park and ride city centre good nights sleep family room reception staff main road easy access excellent stay comfortable room stayed for nights
Reviewed 26 May 2015

This is a clean, well done hotel with great security and a nice restaurant with bar next door. Breakfast was good though is not included.
The room is insulated well from outside noise but I was surprised at how loud the footfalls from the room above were. There was also quite a loud water pipe in the wall which banged when folks above used it.
Bathroom was clean and well remodeled. Good hot water and large towels.
There is no public computer or printer here.
WiFi is average. You can pay for high speed access but we did not.
Staff was great, welcoming and friendly.
Given its location outside of town the price of 129£ felt awfully expensive. I felt like it should have included breakfast for that price.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

Hello Brad B,

Thank you for your good review of our hotel. We appreciate our guests taking the time to offer feedback on their stay with us. Our staff take a genuine interest in our guests and we do everything we can to ensure they have the best possible experience with us. I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be nice and clean, and enjoyed the restaurant next door.

I am sorry to hear that you found the noise from rooms above too loud. If this ever happens in the future, at any Premier Inn, please don’t hesitate to come and let us know. We can then try and move you to a different room where you may not find it quite as noisy. Also if you ever need anything printed, although we don’t have a public computer or printer, if you email it to us, we can print it off for you, which should hopefully help a little.

I realise that we are a little out of town but we are in a very up and coming location with all the shops and great transport links right on our doorstep. Unfortunately we don’t determine our room rates, however if you book in advance the rooms should be quite a bit cheaper.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 Newcraighall again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2015

Since the refurb the rooms are of a high standard the front of house staff are welcoming and friendly the housekeeping staff keep the place in tip top condition. My only issue is getting the air on to blow cold the staff try but only one in about 4 visits foes it work the way I like it. The team name it well worth staying.

Room tip: Front of house is good, back of house has the railway
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2015

Hi Michael H

Thank you so much for your fantastic comments. I am so pleased that you found my team as fabulous as i do. They work so hard to ensure all our guests have a brilliant nights sleep.

I am sorry to hear that you had issues with your air-con unit. They have all recently been serviced so any issues would have been rectified. The units can some times be a bit tricky to work. If you have any issues again please contact the reception team who would be more than happy to help you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Edinburgh A1 Newcraighall

Reviewed 18 May 2015

Overnight stay as we had a wedding to go to at Musselburgh and we cannot fault the value of this hotel. Good room which was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was served efficiently and was of a very good standard.
Staff very helpful.
We had meal in the adjoining restaurant which was very good and reasonably priced.

Would return ...good access from A1

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ClaireNickerson, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to hear you were so happy with the team and the rooms here at Newcraighall. Our staff take a genuine interest in our guests and we do everything we can to ensure they have the best possible experience with us.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the Cuddie Brae Bar & Restaurant as I know they will be thrilled with your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 Newcraighall again in the future.

Operations Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

Spent 4 nights. Staff were excellent, rooms were clean and comfortable. Convenient location, 5 mins from newcraighall station which now has a 7 day service and only £1-50 single on the number 30 bus to edinburgh. Food next door does what it says on the menu.

Rooms can rattle when an occasional train passes but this is more of a novelty. Upstairs rooms are quieter as no-one is walking above you.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Sir David T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear that our hotel met all of your needs and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our staff here all try our best to make sure all our guests have the best experience possible.

Where we are situated is a great location. Between us having the train station just across the road, and plentiful buses it is so easy to leave the car here at the hotel and take the bus or train into town and relax.

Although some people can find the train track behind us annoying, we do have triple glazing in all the rooms to stop the noise disturbing people too much. I would agree with you, it is a novelty having it right behind us.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 Newcraighall again in the near future

Reviewed 6 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed here on business. I don't normally stay at premier inns but this one was close to where I needed to be. This is an excellent hotel the rooms were spotless and very modern. It far exceeded my expectations of a premier inn. I guess that it's just been renovated and if this is the standard that other premiers inn are heading I can see I will be staying at them again. Particularly like the usb and hdmi connectors that you can hook up a hard drive or computer to to play you own movies.

Trip type: Travelled on business
ClaireNickerson, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2015

Hello ShaunKirsty,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our hotel. We appreciate our guests taking the time to offer feedback on their stay with us. I am delighted to hear you were so pleased with our refurbished rooms. The whole team work incredibly hard to ensure our rooms are maintained to the highest standard and our guests feel at home while staying with us.

Operations Manager