1,165 results
All reviews arthur's seat city centre salisbury arms quiet residential street holyrood park dalkeith road minute bus ride royal mile small hotel great hosts triple room breakfast was included friendly hotel great shower quiet area no lift street parking
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely place with big, spacious rooms with lovely high ceilings. A warm welcome from the lovely, helpful owners and staff. Excellent breakfast. Nice little bar. Good location. Simple things done brilliantly. Definitely stay here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Kevin K, Manager at Hotel Ceilidh-Donia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you for your review, really enjoyed reading your review, we hope you had a safe journey home and look forward to seing you again.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We had a great two night stay here. The room was very comfortable and the owners were accommodating and helpful. The breakfast was better that we had expected. The only down side was the parking was limited and it was a little hard to find. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Kevin K, Manager at Hotel Ceilidh-Donia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Best wishes Kevin, Susan and al the team.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hotel ceilidh-Donia. The owners were so helpful. They gave us directions for getting around the city and where to eat. The hotel was a short walk from downtown which gave us a great feel for the city. We had a great room with a wonderful view of King Arthur's seat.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Ceilidh-Donia, Manager at Hotel Ceilidh-Donia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Thank yo for your review, especially happy that you chose to have your anniversary with us. So pleased you enjoyed your stay an look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

I was very lucky to stay here. It's a wonderful place and the breakfast is legendary! It's very easy to find, very good access to public transport and close to the city centre.

Normally I find I it difficult to sleep in hotels, but this was great. I felt really well rested s 10 out of 10 for sleep quality. The rooms are lovely and the shower was the best I've had in years. I travel internationally a lot and think this was really up there for qualitlty as well as value. The service was faultless - just great! There has been a change of ownership recently and the new owners have a lot of experience both internationally and nationally and the attention to detail really shows how good they are.

I was amazed at the good value and when they gave me the bill I expected it to be much more. I will certainly be staying there again and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants a real feel of the warmth of Scotland and still have great value for money. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Book early to avoid the rush.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank AuntieLizzie
Ceilidh-Donia, Manager at Hotel Ceilidh-Donia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Thank you for your review, it was a real pleasure having you stay with us and getting to know you. We hope you are well and hope you have a safe journey.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here again on a visit to Edinburgh to celebrate his birthday. Susan and Kevin made us very welcome as usual. The room was very comfortable and the service was excellent. We cannot fault this hotel

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Ceilidh-Donia, Manager at Hotel Ceilidh-Donia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thank you for your review, we enjoyed your company very much and look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes Susan and Kevin