“Very central location with a lot of space”

Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge
Ranked #66 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This is one of 2 Ibis hotels very close together, this one is further down the road on South Bridge.
It's a funky new check-in, no counter, a couple of very polite and helpful people with phones as a check-in method.
The rooms are basic but have a lot of space, even a small table and 2 chairs, which is impressive for the central location.
The bathroom is a bit like a cupboard that you step up into, and I always find these type of bathrooms a little smelly and damp, but it's clean.
There is a bit of road noise in the room, but you are in the middle of a vibrant city, so I was not bothered by that.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear KC012,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us, I am pleased you enjoyed our central location in the heart of Edinburgh's beautiful old town, I hope you got to see everything you wanted to.
If you are returning to the city, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.
Best regards,
Stacey, reception team leader

Write a ReviewReviews (2,499)

Reviewed 5 October 2017

The room is adequate in size. The staff could have been a touch friendlier, but were just fine. Pretty budget friendly, but could be a bit less expensive based on room size. Overall, I would recommend and I would return. The location is spot on.

Room Tip: Noisy rooms at night....had to close the windows and turn the AC on to sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicole L,

Stacey, reception team leader.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

This hotel is more like a college dorm. Lobby is small with no actual checking desk, you are greeted and checked in by staff members holding iPads, kind of like the Apple Store. This process was quick, the staff friendly and helpful. The room held a double bed with a thin, very firm mattress on a platform. The furniture is IKEA-like and included just one small chair, a small built-in desk and a narrow set of open shelves in a very small room. The bathroom was a fiberglass-type cubicle that you have to step up to get into, and somewhat claustrophobic. I spent most of my time touring so this worked out ok for me but I would not stay here again because although the staff and location are great the room is just not comfortable enough for the cost.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Herself101,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge - Royal Mile. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations 100%; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed there this weekend (1st Oct) and I had a lovely stay. Only for one night but I must say they are not joking when they say the beds are comfy. Very clean rooms. The best Ibis Hotel I have stayed in (and I have stayed in a few - England and Dublin). The receptionists were very welcoming and happy to help me find my way around the city. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank stephanieo79
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear stephanieo79,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us, I am very happy that you had such an enjoyable stay here with us and that you liked our specially designed 'ibis sweet bed'
I hope we will see you again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 2 weeks ago for 5 nights. We were in the old part of the hotel facing the main street. I had asked to be in the quiet part of the hotel and it was. This was probably due to the double glazing which worked very well, it was a little disconcerting that the Windows were completely sealed and couldn't be opened at all, what happens if there's a fire I don't know, guess you'd have to throw the table through the window! The air con system was very good so you don't really need to open a window. Room small but had everything you needed, tea, coffee, biscuits clean cups and towels replaced every day. Bathroom was the pod style but good spacious shower, easy to operate. Breakfast was good plenty of choice for a budget hotel. Nice but very busy breakfast room which was a bit chaotic, you do have to queue for your food and then again for your coffee. Had a drink one night in the bar, prices much the same as pub prices. All in all a good hotel with friendly staff, wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiger077

Dear tiger077,
Thank you for your kind review, I am happy to hear that we met your expectations and that we could see you back again sometime.
I am most happy that you found our full buffet breakfast to be plentiful and varied, so will pass on your comments to the food and beverage team.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback, we will look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards,