2,842 results
All reviews royal mile great location ironing room central location train station comfortable bed short stay reception staff fringe festival top floor definitely stay here again reception area princes street stayed here for one night arthur's seat haggis tea and coffee
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The room is adequate in size. The staff could have been a touch friendlier, but were just fine. Pretty budget friendly, but could be a bit less expensive based on room size. Overall, I would recommend and I would return. The location is spot on.

Room Tip: Noisy rooms at night....had to close the windows and turn the AC on to sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Nicole L,

Stacey, reception team leader.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

This hotel is more like a college dorm. Lobby is small with no actual checking desk, you are greeted and checked in by staff members holding iPads, kind of like the Apple Store. This process was quick, the staff friendly and helpful. The room held a double bed with a thin, very firm mattress on a platform. The furniture is IKEA-like and included just one small chair, a small built-in desk and a narrow set of open shelves in a very small room. The bathroom was a fiberglass-type cubicle that you have to step up to get into, and somewhat claustrophobic. I spent most of my time touring so this worked out ok for me but I would not stay here again because although the staff and location are great the room is just not comfortable enough for the cost.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Herself101,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge - Royal Mile. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations 100%; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed there this weekend (1st Oct) and I had a lovely stay. Only for one night but I must say they are not joking when they say the beds are comfy. Very clean rooms. The best Ibis Hotel I have stayed in (and I have stayed in a few - England and Dublin). The receptionists were very welcoming and happy to help me find my way around the city. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank stephanieo79
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear stephanieo79,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us, I am very happy that you had such an enjoyable stay here with us and that you liked our specially designed 'ibis sweet bed'
I hope we will see you again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 2 weeks ago for 5 nights. We were in the old part of the hotel facing the main street. I had asked to be in the quiet part of the hotel and it was. This was probably due to the double glazing which worked very well, it was a little disconcerting that the Windows were completely sealed and couldn't be opened at all, what happens if there's a fire I don't know, guess you'd have to throw the table through the window! The air con system was very good so you don't really need to open a window. Room small but had everything you needed, tea, coffee, biscuits clean cups and towels replaced every day. Bathroom was the pod style but good spacious shower, easy to operate. Breakfast was good plenty of choice for a budget hotel. Nice but very busy breakfast room which was a bit chaotic, you do have to queue for your food and then again for your coffee. Had a drink one night in the bar, prices much the same as pub prices. All in all a good hotel with friendly staff, wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiger077

Dear tiger077,
Thank you for your kind review, I am happy to hear that we met your expectations and that we could see you back again sometime.
I am most happy that you found our full buffet breakfast to be plentiful and varied, so will pass on your comments to the food and beverage team.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback, we will look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

If, like me, you enjoy lying awake at night listening to laundry carts being dragged accross a cobbled courtyard or a bubbling industrial strength air conditioner making random squeaks and groans despite being switched off then you'll want room 325 of the Ibis on Southbridge. There's nothing more refreshing than 'sleeping' in a British Rail freight depot and they've made every effort to replicate that experience for us at the Ibis. If I had brought my dressing gown I'd go down to reception and thank the Railway Children who are running the place. They must have had to get up at 3:00am in order to successfully keep me awake for at least half the night with all these shenanigans.
Fortunately, I haven't got anything much on today just a load more bagpipes and whiskey. Maybe I can grab forty winks up the Royal Mile this afternoon, it's conveniently just 'along the way' and seems like a popular area to spend the night on the tiles. It's probably a bit quieter too, out on the street than in room 325 of the Ibis.

Strangely, on that note, the hotel has fallen eerily silent but for the familiar sound of my wife snoring and the tinnitus I've developed from a lifetime of headphone abuse. Maybe there's been a power cut or it's brew time in the train yard! I'll have to have a word about this in the morning, I've paid £72 for this experience and expect to get the full works not just 55 minutes per hour. That's EU employment regulations for you!

Oh, FYI, the bed is well within British comfort standards and topped with an inch of luxury duvet (not that I've been allocated any of it). The room is fully equipped with a full length mirror (wall mounted) which is perfect for reflecting any light rays in the visual spectrum (I don't have the apparatus to do any further analysis of its properties). Several purpose built containment structures provide ample opportunities to stow any personal effects that are subject to Earth's natural gravity. There's a considerably flat surface on a horizontal plane which is ideally suited for correspondence purposes or simply dumping a load of crap out of your handbag. A small waste bin is provided which will contain up to one empty pop can simultaneously. A complimentary 'Border Biscuit' is available to guests at the Ibis to ensure undernourishment is not a problem during the night. For those making successful entry into the following day every opportunity has been provided to generate a homebrewed warm beverage with the single user kettle facility.

I'll be glad of a rest after my stay here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bigsteworld

Dear bigsteworld,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a graphic and humorous review of your recent stay with us here at ibis Southbridge.
I understand the tones and please accept our apologies, I am sorry to hear that you were not able to have us much sleep as your partner.
Please contact the hotel directly if you should be returning to Edinburgh so that we can give you a truly wonderful ibis experience.
H8484-fo@accor.com

Stacey, reception team leader.