2,877 results
All reviews royal mile great location ironing room central location train station comfortable bed short stay reception staff fringe festival definitely stay here again top floor princes street tea and coffee arthur's seat haggis yogurt noise
Reviewed 3 December 2015

Confusing layout where you go down one block to go up a floor. Came out one entrance and went back in another. Confused - we were. Rooms typical layout, ok for a couple of nights anything longer and the lack of wardrobe space would be some concern. Breakfast were adequate but prolonged queueing due to layout of buffet with the toaster half way down causing the longest delay. Staff were heplful and keen to do as much for you throughout our stay. Did not eat in, which appeared to be the case for most guestsas we did not see many dining in. There are plenty of fine eateries within the area. Worst aspect is the proximety of a night club adjacent to the hotel giving out audible noise till 3 in the morning on a Saturday night. Not the hotel's fault but you should be aware of it. Ask for rooms overlooking the main road, ironically this is quieter!

Stayed: November 2015
3  Thank Paul S
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Dear Nina O,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we take your feedback on board about your experience at breakfast and in the room.

If you wish to discuss your experience with us further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly on h8484-fo@accor.com

We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge

Reviewed 2 December 2015

I loved this hotel From check-in, I found the staff to be extremely pleasant, professional and helpful. No request was a problem for the front desk. I had them organise taxis, speak to housekeeping about replacing my duvet and even give directions to restaurants and sites. Every request was answered with a smile, promptly and efficiently. For directions, they even went online and printed out maps to help us. Fantastic.

The room is large and the bed (seemed like a Queen size) very comfortable.I looked forward to going to sleep after walking the streets of Edinburgh all day. I slept very well for all 6 nights I was there. I was in room 672 which was quiet even though it overlooked quite a busy street. I heard no nightclub noise and there was no noise from other rooms either. The room had a wood/laminate floor which I loved (much more hygienic than carpet) but there were no rugs in the room so the floors could be a bit cold. This was a minor issue however.

There was a kind of open closet where I was able to hang several jackets and coats-tons of room- and a set of open shelves as well. There was a kettle with tea bags and the yummiest cookies put out every day.

The bathroom was a white circular pod. Excellent strong shower, very reliable hot water and the option to reuse towels if you wished. The lighting in the bathroom was very good for applying makeup as well.

No irons/ironing boards in the rooms but there are clean ironing rooms on each floor. There are two lifts which were spacious and require a room key card to be operated.

Wifi was free, strong and very reliable in all parts of th hotel. Did not drop once. There is no password required but you do have to sign on every 24 hours.

Location cannot be beat. Right on South Bridge, it was a 10 minute walk or less to Edinburgh Waverley and to the shopping on Princes Street (take a left out of the hotel entrance and it's a straight road). 10 minutes to the Castle and 5 minutes to the Royal Mile/High Street and the University of Edinburgh Old College campus. There is a Costa coffee shop and a Sainsburys Local downstairs the hotel on the same level as the lobby. The area is vibrant and busy yet seemed safe. However, there was a vagrant sitting quite close to the hotel entrance which was a bit off-putting. Not Ibis' fault of course.

There were no issues with finding places to eat. The area is teeming with excellent food options of all kinds. Everything from pubs, to Starbucks, to pies, to fine dining all within easy walking distance.

My recommendation: book this hotel!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and it was very quiet. Lobby is on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Story W
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2015

Dear Story W,

Thank you very much for your kind review.It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the beautiful city of Edinburgh and found the hotel facilities pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,

Virag Heller, Reception team

Reviewed 1 December 2015

A computer glitch resulted in the staff allocating me a room that had not been serviced since the last guest. No major issue they just changed the room but...... Then they apologised, gave me extra points and apologised again. No problem so I settled into the new (very clean) room and got a knock on the door - staff with a wonderful selection of chocolates and another apology (this time in a card).

What wonderful and concerned staff. Thanks very much.

I might have to ask for an unserviced room next time :-)

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank PSaxSheffield

Dear PSaxSheffield,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us,
i am delighted to see that our team looked after you once you get settled into your new room.

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

Location is good, close to Royal Mile & Princes Street. Staff are mostly very professional and courteous.
Rooms are large, clean & functional but we were kept awake until the early hours due to the noise from a night club nearby.
We ate in the restaurant on one evening and the food was poor, although in fairness to the Manager he did compensate with a free dessert ( which was also poor) & a free round of drinks.
Breakfast was a nightmare, cramped with difficulty in finding a table and large queues at the breakfast buffet because food was not being replenished.
Will find somewhere else next time.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baggieboy_9

Dear Baggieboy_9,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have taken your feedback on board regarding the noise and your experience in the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge in the near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2015

Spent a wonderful weekend here just as the Christmas markets opened...great atmosphere everything is within walking distance....history on the doorstep as well as great nightlife if you want it.
Our room was immaculate light and airy too. The complimentary coffee and lemon water in the foyer is a lovely touch and much appreciated after all our sightseeing.
The reception staff were welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for them.
We were allowed to leave our luggage with them after checking out which saved us a lot of hassle.
We had a room on the top floor, it was quiet and had great rooftop views of the city too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmr1964

Dear cmr1964,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary coffee at reception. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,