US$271
US$270
  • Bar/Lounge
Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$176
US$255
US$230
  • Restaurant
Novotel Edinburgh Park(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$386
US$168
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$218
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel(Edinburgh)
US$188
US$153
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$335
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$481
2,217 results
All reviewsomni centreplayhouse theatregreat locationscrambled egg and beanspicardy placehi expressjohn lewisfree breakfastthe breakfast areahot itemscity centrethe sofa bedroyal miletram linetesco expressyork placeprinces street
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Booked a one night stay at the hotel as we had tickets for the Edinburgh Playhouse which is literally right across the road from the hotel.
The hotel is modern and fresh and the staff are very friendly.
Our room was of a decent standard and exactly as you would expect from a HIE.

Beds were comfy and AC in the room made for a comfortable nights sleep.
Breakfast great lots of choice and plenty of it.
All in all an excellent experience. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: May 2018
Mgtresponse, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Thank you very much for your kind review,

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotels newly refurbished rooms were so beneficial to your experience with us.
I hope that the next time you choose to visit Edinburgh, we can give you another wonderful stay.

Gordon Gibson
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Great hotel, breakfast was lovely hot and cold, room very clean and bed comfortable, tv, hairdryer, coffee facilities too.
There is the Theatre opposite hotel.
over the road is where they filmed transporting famous chase scene.
Christmas markets are amazing definitely go at Christmas as it is brilliant, love Edinburgh

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Mgtresponse, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Claire P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a feedback on your recent stay at our hotel and thank you for the kind words. We pride ourselves on the great effort we put in making our guests feel comfortable and welcome. I am happy that the central location of the hotel has been an additional bonus for you.
Once again thank you for the feedback and hope to see you staying with us again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Yavor Tomov
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Stayed 3 nights whilst visiting Edinburgh for the first time. When confronted by a myriad of city hotels on hotel booking sites, I always go for the HIE. They are clean and comfortable and usually at a fair price. And I get points that, if I remember, I can redeem for a free night once every ‘n’ years.
So Edinburgh. Great location, we walked from Waverley Rail Station and I was welcomed as an IHG member - and as usual issued with keys to their smallest room! It was small, but perfectly adequate and comfortable (except for squeeking floor - very annoying in middle of night - rotting frame of shower gummed up with a tube of silicone and an electric fan for AC - windows sealed up result 0 O2) Not put off we enjoyed our stay. Staff were very polite and helpful, there is the beautiful Playhouse Theatre directly opposite as well as the Omni Centre with a plethora of eateries (including ‘Spoons, F and B and Nandos)
The hotel breakfast is perfectly adequate and I am pleased to see they all now include my plea for the last four years - bacon. The bacon is good, the eggs tasteless and the sausage has never been near Cumberland, but there is plenty of choice of cereals, yoghurts etc. Bread rolls would have been nice.
So I would recommend the HIE Edinburgh City Centre as it does what every other HIE does.
I would like the hotel rates to be a bit more uniform though - I stayed 3 nights, midweek and paid a different rate each night, for the same thing. I know this is standard in the industry, but why?

Room Tip: Ask for one in which you might swing your cat.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

A pleasant and friendly hotel, the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were basic but very clean. Bathroom was modern and clean. Breakfast was included in the price and plenty. The hotel was located very close to all local restaurants and places of interest to visit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived at hotel , 20 mins before 2pm check in ...and had coffee whilst we waited for strict 2pm keycard . Our family room was on 4th floor , reached by one of 2 lifts serving upper floors. The room itself was basic , but clean and spotless . Breakfast was included in price . Continental and hot buffet was very good , to start our day off . The hotel was quiet , despite roadworks at present outside hotel . We had a nice couple of days here , and would recommend it to anyone .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family