“Brilliant”
other travellers have booked this property
living room with sofa bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
living room with sofa bed
Kitchen
Expandable Table
King size bed can split into two single beds if it asked
Double bed with a sofa double bed
Bunk bed
First bathroom
Second bathroom
Playhouse Theater and Calton Hill
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jane F
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 12 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We stayed in this apartment for my daughters wedding with two small children. The apartment was warm and comfortable and very clean with every thing you need for a home from home experience. In the evening we had a meal downstairs in the Italian restaurant Galliano's which was busy but the atmosphere was really enjoyable and the food was excellent.
The only negative is the road outside is very busy especially on a Friday night as there are bars and clubs in the area but it is a city and it is no worse than any other city. I would certainly return to this apartment as it is in an excellent position for shops and sight seeing.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the comfort
Liked least: The road
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Apr 2015
Dear Jane ,
Thank you so much for you wonderful words it has been a pleasure have you all as my guests and I would love have you back in the future.
I will let know the staff of Giuliano's the you had a great time there too
Best wishes for your daughter...
Kindest Regards

Ps
Unfortunately I can't control the traffic.. but I'm working on it ;-)
Tiffanyyt...
“Excellent apartment with central location”
Reviewed 9 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We rented the apartment for a group of 8 friends, the apartment was spacious and comfortable,most daily utensils and necessities were provided. The location makes it easy for us to get around, and the maps provided by the owner helped a lot as well. It was a great stay overall. A big thanks to Giovanna and Angelo for the warm hospitality.
p.s remember to pop downstairs to have a meal at Giovanno's, the food was divine! :)

10 Apr 2015
Dear Tiffany,
Thank you for your wonderful word it as been our pleasure have you as our guests .
Thanks again
AlyStew
“Perfect location, lovely flat.”
Reviewed 2 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

owner was friendly and accommodating. The flat was very clean with all the mod cons, couldn't fault it. The location is fantastic for getting around, loads of bars, restaurants nearby and the playhouse is right opposite.

3 Feb 2015
Thank you for your lovely words is has been my pleasure have you and your friends as my guests ,
Looking forward to have you again in the future
BCDLew
“Wonderful Holiday!!”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

The facilities and location were impressive. A home from home with more than was expected. Spacious, warm and comfortable with a lot of room for the six adults present.
Central location meant an easy walk to the railway station, shopping district, Church, restaurants, Tesco Express and theatre. The property owner, Giovanna, always responded to emails and requests in a prompt and professional manner. It was important to me that my family (coming over from Italy) and my elderly mother, had a wonderful Edinburgh holiday experience and they did! Giovanna very kindly put up a beautiful christmas tree for us too.

There is an excellent Italian restaurant downstairs from the flat called Giulliano's and the food was second to none (my family come from Milan and always eat out so would know!) The owner (Angelo) and staff were very attentive and gave us excellent service.

Holiday makers need to note - there are pubs around Picardy Place and a main road outside the flat thus police cars & ambulances went by every few minutes; also oud cheer and some fights occurred (possibly due to this time of year but it's a city...) and general street noise could be heard. This wasn't a problem for us being used to 'community entertainment' in the area we live in and my 84 year old mum slept through it too :-)

ALSO - there are approx 70 steps to the flat on the third floor. Again my mum took her time going up whilst holding the hand rail and she did this several times with little concern but a lot of support so people with mobility issues need to be aware that there is no lift in this property.

If I wanted to go to Edinburgh for another time, I would look at staying in Picardy Place again

We had a fantastic holiday -
Grazie Giovanna! Ci vediamo xx

28 Dec 2014
Hi Carla,
Thank you for your wonderful words, it has been a pleasure for me to have you and your family as my guests.You're such a nice family to deal with.
Angelo and I would love to welcome you again in the future.
Grazie ancora e a presto.

Buon Anno Nuovo!:-)

P.S.
Just to point out that on the apartment website there is information about the Central Location and that the apartment is situated in a Listed Building on the third floor, without a lift, and has also secondary glass windows to reduce 80% of the City Center noise.
We try our best for our customers.
Thanks again
Sally_H55...
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment in central location”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our five night stay in this apartment. It is very conveniently located being an easy walk to Princes Street, the station and other places of interest and lots of eateries close at hand. The apartment was extremely comfortable and clean, and also well equipped - nice touches such as hairdryers etc. The owner was very efficient, answering all queries very promptly. Highly recommended!

Travelling group: Large Group
26 Aug 2014
Thank you so much Sally for your wonderful words it has been my pleasure have you as my guests and I definitely hope to welcome you again in future.
Giovanna
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing