Motel One Edinburgh-Royal
US$101
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$205
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$272/night.

US$130
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

US$82
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$126
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

Edinburgh Marriott Hotel(Edinburgh)
US$134
US$110
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$109
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

US$384
US$328
Hotels.com
US$320
US$258
Hotels.com
US$292
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$340/night.

2,489 results
All reviewswaverley stationcockburn streetsingle duvetsroyal milegreat locationplug socketsairport buscontinental breakfastboiled eggsrooms are basicgreat showerchristmas marketcentral locationa stones throwshort staywould definitely stay here againshower room
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed here after the Open - during the Open stayed at an apartment on the Royal Mile. While the room was small, everything was very nice and clean. I don't know when they opened or renovated, but the place looks brand new. The location and price absolutely can't be beat - you are in Old Town right next to Waverly train station. Plus, you don't have the all-night noise associated with a location directly on the Royal Mile (we certainly had that in the apartment). Would highly recommend for the budget conscious traveler.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Partner and I stayed here for one night to see concert up at the castle. Very modern feel to place despite the old fashioned architecture. We loved it. room was quite different from the usual. Contrary to previous reviews the air con in room was working. Thank heavens as it was 28 degrees. Staff were excellent and the location is superb. Breakfast was Continental so no traditional Scottish fry up. Excellent idea of individual duvets on the double bed. Its the only hotel that I have ever had to cross a glass bridge to get to my room! the only drawback is the complicated route needed to get to our room. Up elevator, down corridors, down steps, cross bridge, more turns. Hmmm. When returning we would look for this hotel first due to its location.

Room Tip: get room close to elevator.
1  Thank Comp21
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights in July. To begin with positives, the location is tremendous. You are literally across the street from Waverly Train Station, and the drop off of shuttle buses to the airport. A few hundred steps up a fairly steep hill, and you are on the Royal Mile. Just down the hill, is Princes Street. The reception staff are friendly and helpful. The décor of the Motel has been well described as "minimalist"-this is meant in a good way. Our room was on the 6th floor inside- meaning our window was a view of the very small courtyard, and three sides showing other rooms. Our room was spotless. It was cleaned daily. There was no bathtub, but the shower was more than adequate. There was no telephone in the room. Television had access to all British channels, and several German channels. Now, for what might be our only real quibbles. We were fortunate to enjoy sunny and warm Edinburgh temperatures, but, as others have pointed out, the air conditioning was not working, so it made our sleeping at night slightly uncomfortable due to the heat. The wi- fi was free, but painfully slow. This became an issue as we relied on our email for communication. However, considering the price, location, and cleanliness, we would recommend this Motel for an Edinburgh vacation.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I happened upon Motel One while wandering around and enjoying Edinburgh. I went inside to check it out and was thrilled that the price really suited my budget and that they had availability. It had a great vibe and appealing style so I ended up staying here my last 2 nights in Edinburgh. Was incredible value for an ideal location - steps away from Waverley Station and just off the Royal Mile. Rooms were clean, modern, quiet and very comfortable - great showers! I was there when it was very hot so only issues I had were with the room being hotter than I would like and initial wifi problems the second night I stayed there. As someone else mentions though - staff are aware of these two concern and working on improvements. Staff were really great - they care if you have a problem and seem like they are happy to be working there! Especially the bar staff - they were so friendly, helpful and informative - really added to the quality of my stay here. I have to highlight Kieran Rose for not only being an excellent bartender, but also a wonderful ambassador for the hotel and for Edinburgh. I highly recommend staying here. Hopefully I will return to Scotland and Motel One Edinburgh-Royal will definitely be part of my itinerary.

Room Tip: The two nights I stayed there were a few days apart as I went on a trip to the Highlands in-between. On my second night I stayed on the top floor and liked that room better - only the top couple floors are above main street level so I recommend requesting a room on one of the top level floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2013

No hesitation in recommending this for a short city sightseeing stopover but, like other reviewers have pointed out, the air con is not working plus the wi-fi is painfully slow. 'The Management' know about these issues and I was informed they are working on it. We stayed on one of the hottest nights of the year with the windows open to be woken at 8am by builders at a construction site right outside our window. My gripe is they have had no air con since opening although all the advertising blurb, website and email confirmations still say they do. We would have appreciated an email (and they have contact details for guests who have booked) saying that this was not the case and would have possible looked elsewhere. Apparently it's a major job to fix - the air con affects the hot water boilers so they have switched it off until further notice. The marketing information in our room stated that you could work like you were in your office - this is not the case either. Again, they are aware of the issues and are working on an upgrade. This is not good enough - don't promote what you can't offer. I was asked at checkout if everything was alright and gave them polite feedback. On a positive note, the room was spotless, minimalist and an excellent hairdryer supplied. Took us a bit to work out how to turn off the bedside lights though.