“Vegan Meze”

Price range: US$19 - US$32
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: An intimate meze bar in Edinburgh's well-heeled new town, Yeni restaurant offers a mix of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dishes. Boasting high ceilings and streams of natural light, the Yeni dining room features bohemian prints, fresh flowers and swathes of polished wood. Along with traditional meze sharing dishes, enjoy eastern-style desserts and choose from the accomplished wine stock.
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We came here for my mother’s 81st birthday, a party of four, with two of us being vegan.

My daughter booked the table in advance, as she had visited before. It was my first visit and I was pleasantly surprised at the vegan options on the menu.

My mother chose the speciality sea bass and thoroughly enjoyed every bite, while I opted for the stuffed vine leaves, olives, pitta, tabbouleh and spiced potatas. The dishes came up to the table as cooked, so was nice, as we were able to take our time in savouring the different flavours.

The staff were very attentive and as we were sitting by the window and the sun was streaming through, checked to make sure we were comfortable and not over heating. There were individual window blinds that could be pulled down, much to the delight of my daughter, who is 8 months pregnant!

All in all, an enjoyable experience and one to be repeated very soon!

1  Thank FoodFilly

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Fabulous food and service, I would 100% recommend and revisit. Visited as part of my sisters hen weekend. Dealt with Lucy via email months before our reservation. She couldn’t have been more accommodating! 13 of us all loved it. We couldn’t believe how good value for money it was. I will be back. Thanks again !

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Had a la carte dinner on Saturday at 5pm. The service was great and really friendly and all the dishes that we were given were amazing. Discovered Yeni through Trip Advisor so was a bit of a punt, but everything was delightful. Plenty of dishes and reasonably priced wine. The restaurant is also air-conditioned.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

My first visit to this wee Mediterranean restaurant and nicely suprised how lovely the food was.
After reading some of the reviews I wasn't so sure what to expect. Nice atmosphere with really lovely dishes. Great deal 3 meze plus dessert for £15. Perfectly enough Lovely wine menu I great veggy options. Definitely we will be back.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We are huge fans of Yeni and visited twice, once for lunch and once for dinner, on a recent trip to Edinburgh. The cafe is calm and airy and food arrives freshly cooked. Service is exemplary.
The three meze for £10.50 lunch is a steal. Between two, we enjoyed fattoush, Tzatziki, chicken wings, calamari, imam bayildi and sweet potato borek with a basket of flat bread included.
For supper we tried stuffed peppers and lamb koffte. All highly recommended. Good house wine. Lunchtime clientele included shopping parties seeking restoration and work groups. Evening saw a very diverse group of diners. Vegetarians well catered for. Lively but not noisey.