Recently stayed here for a long weekend and we couldn't have been more comfortable or happy. We stayed in the Penthouse which was fabulous. It was very stylish and finished to an exceptionally high standard. We had views over the city and the castle and were made to feel very welcome by the excellent, friendly staff who couldn't do enough for us. I stay in a fair few hotels and can honestly say, with my hand on my heart, this was the most pleasant stay i've ever had. Close enough for a peaceful stroll to the city centre yet so quiet at night. I never heard a single bang or crash, creaking floor, slamming doors, shouting guests or any of the usual irritations that can spoil a stay .
The bathroom was fabulous with a huge bath and separate shower. The bed was comfy. The kitchen was IMMACULATE... I can't really fault anything. I carry ear plugs everywhere I go as i'm a light sleeper and for the first time ever... and I mean ever... I didn't even get them out of my case never mind use them.
The candles, the atmosphere, the friendliness and pleasantness of the wonderful staff... The location, the cocktails and exceptional quality of the whole place really makes this place stand head and shoulders over every other hotel in the country. Sorry to say to every other hotel owner reading this, but the Chester Residence has just raised the bar 10 notches.
Special mention to the concierge Neil Young who couldn't do enough to help and whose friendly and pleasant manner made our stay effortless and comfortable. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chester Residence is a collection of 5 Georgian townhouses set in the stunning West End of Edinburgh. These chic 5 star (Scottish Tourist Board rated) designer suites blend seamlessly with attention to detail and a level of personalized service that ensures guests enjoy the highest standards, synonymous with The Chester Residence. Each suite is an oasis of tranquility, offering spacious, individually designed suites with all the benefits of a luxury hotel. The latest in room technology is provided including, Sky TV, Blu-ray DVD player. As our beautiful townhouses are listed, there is no elevator in them, but our Concierge will be happy to help with your luggage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Chester Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Edinburgh
- Chester Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Chester Residence Edinburgh, Scotland