All reviews washing machine living room city centre botanic gardens electric shower one bedroom apartment great apartments self catering minute walk hotel room nice apartment bus stop per night short stay ocean terminal visiting edinburgh fringe festival
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Thank you to the owners for donating accommodation for the Cash for kids raffle. 8 of us won a table at the Sparkle ball with an over night stay at Canon Court. We were not really in apartments long but it was very clean & spacious & had everything you needed for a good night's sleep. Thanks again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I booked an apartment a couple months back for a family Christmas shopping trip for December 9th. Received an email two days ago from booking.com requesting that my card details were updated due to not being able to verify it. I presumed I had typed something in wrong so I sent the details back within the specified 24 hours. I received and email back confirming my booking. Then yesterday I received another email from booking.com saying that the apartments had cancelled my booking. After checking my bank card there is nothing wrong with it and I do not understand why my booking has been cancelled. I called the apartments who were unhelpful and said that there must be something wrong with my card and told me that someone else had already booked the last apartment just after mines was cancelled. The apartment was set to pay when we arrive and had the choice of payment method when we arrive so I don't understand why the card details even matter!! It seems like they have cancelled my booking and got someone to pay more as it does not make any sense! I am now stuck with no accommodation for my family trip and we are having to cancel as there is no other suitable availability in Edinburgh for our dates. Very disappointing and angry although I would prefer not to stay somewhere that's going to be like this anyway!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Canon Court Aptms is a building you can find easily and its 20' walking from city centre. My partner booked an one bedroom flat and the highlight I have to admit was the king size bed!
We arrived by taxi from airport at 6pm and we had to wait a bit at the front door cause no one was at the reception. Luckily some residents came and opened the door so thats how we got in. It took another 5' waiting for the receptionist to come back to check us in. We had to be informed that the £100 deposit we gave to book the flat was the guarantee they had to keep as is their policy and we had to pre pay the whole amount of our staying. We didnt read anything about this when we booked it online. Nevertheless we paid it and we got assured that after our check out we could have the deposit back IF everything was alright with them. I didnt know what that meant but when we got to the room I found 2 pages of their policy. It was hilarious and scary at the same time. Which bin to use to throw our bin bags at check out, changing towels AFTER 7 days, which times we were allowed to have a visit, paying extra to clean the room, washing everything we used and put them in their places and the list goes on. Smoking policy of course but that wasnt a problem as this is everywhere. If you want to stay 4 ppl in the flat tou have to inform them otherwise there is a £50 penalty for every night, plus the fee for the 4th person. They had to check everything as inspectors before sending back the deposit and we had to be very careful if we wanted our deposit back. They have rules for EVERYTHING so you are a resident but feeling like trapped..? Please note that if you want to check in after 8pm there is no one at the reception so make sure that you have to inform them before otherwise you'll find a paper on the door for instructions.
As for our staying waa for 3 days and we enjoyed the place. Tesco id literally 3' walking so you can save a lot from food because the flat provides everything.
The place is clean, cosy, big enough for 3 ppl, hot water all the time and when the weather was cold the heaters did a great job but not in the bedroom. A very weird smell was coming out so we had to switch it off.
The receptionists helped us with a smile when we had a problem with our boarding passes and printed us the bus hop on off tour tickets otherwise we couldnt have the tour. We had no problem at check out and we didnt addressed any issue considering the strict policies because we wanted our deposit back. The receptionist didnt ask us how was our accomodation and that gave me the idea that they dont really care for customer service. 2 days after our accomodation the deposit was back to the account but it was questionable until then if we could have it back.
Overall we were satisfied but I wish we were informed for all these policy rules beforehand. If you read this review go ahead and find out what are these rules so you wont be surprised as we did.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

brilliant place. for the same price as a hotel room we got a kitchen, living/dining room, bathroom and 2 bedrooms. lovely and clean. could not fault. convenient for buses to city centre, supermarket 2 mins away and a nice selection of takeaways.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Apartment was nice. Was surprised it had so many facilities including a washing machine which came in handy! The bathrooms need a little upgrading but all in all it was a perfect stay. A shout goes out to Tanya the receptionist who was extremely helpful, thank you!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family