“Great bougatsa”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Greek traditional cuisine
Reviewed 2 October 2017

It's super busy with Greeks (no surprise really) so getting a table is not always easy. But it's definitely worth it. I love the bougatsa and the freddo cappuccino is also very good.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Just stopped by for coffee and cake. Friendly service, delicious coffee excellent cake. Cakes were warmed a little to make them perfect. The polenta cake is special. I'm looking forward to going back and trying all the other Greek goodies on offer.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I felt like the server disregarded my existence when I was there. I had arrived before it was getting busy and was just looking forward to having a coffee and a nice breakfast. I told the server I needed just a few minutes to order. I waited over 20 minutes to even order food and I even noticed she was taking orders from other people who had arrived way after I did. I understand cafes and restaurants can get busy, but it was totally rude to be ignored when I was clearly waiting to order for a long time. It seemed like a cute place, but I was not pleased with the service and won't be returning.

4  Thank Natalia B
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I've been here a couple of times, as my boyfriend is Greek and has told me that this is the best place in Edinburgh that sells ethic Greek food.The staff are lovely, but that said they know my boyfriend well so I don't think I'm a fair judge on that matter, however, the food is amazing! it's wholesome, delicious with decently sized portins. It's my type of comfort food, lots of meat and flavour. It;s gret value for money too.

1  Thank Anna C
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We had the pretty awful veggie breakfast. Mother's Pride white, toast, mushrooms dripping in oil from the chip pan, and incinerated rubbery eggs. Pretty Grim.
On the other hand the Mediterranean food looks like a much better option.