“Pleasant stay ”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel
Ranked #35 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

It was a pleasant experience to visit Edinburgh and even more relaxing to know I had a relaxing place to retire to at the end of each day during my short break to Edinburgh; Premier Inn Edinburgh park. I have to particularly rate two members of staff who went above and beyond to make my stay even more memorable , Magda the lady at the reception and Andrew the guy at the bar. Both of them were absolutely fantastic, going out of their way to be of help. Magda was just absolutely 5 star brilliant. Andrew on the other hand was so patient and helpful. The only downside of my stay was having to then interact with another member of staff called Celeste prior to dinner and the following morning at breakfast. She seemed in a hurry and seemed to ignore me when I tried to talk to her and when she half as much as listened her responses were forced and unhelpful. The meals itself both dinner and breakfast were below par and not as expected and not worth it really although again staff who served food was absolutely pleasant. However , overall experience at this premier Inn has bèen absolutely wonderful all thanks to the lovely staff mentioned.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,696)

Reviewed 21 September 2017

This is a good Premier Inn - i.e. it offers the usual standard of rooms and breakfast and dinner but also has a Costa. It is conveniently situated on the tram line from the airport which then goes into central Edinburgh (£1.50) but also on the very frequent and inexpensive train line which takes about 5 minutes to get into Waverley. You can therefore get into the city easily but escape from the crowds when you feel like it.

Room Tip: On the side of the hotel facing towards Edinburgh as that is away from the train/tram lines although...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cliff C
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This Premier Inn is just across the street from the train station! It is also only a 15 min. tram ride from the airport.
The service at the PI is excellent. The staff are always ready to help you and with a smile!
The food and staff in the restaurant are also very good with friendly service and a nice variety of dishes on the menu.
The rooms are also very clean.
The only thing I wish they had was a senior rate! :-) so I could stay longer!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
1  Thank wasforgas
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Many of us stayed here last weekend for a family wedding. Prior to arrival I had lots of requirements and a chap called Paul was really helpful and accommodating, He put the whole wedding party near each other and looked after my elderly parents as they do not have great mobility, he did everything he said he would and during our visit he was extremely helpful and always friendly and very nice. I felt a bit sorry for him as I once saw him managing the front reception and checking people in and at the same time trying to serve in the bar. The hotel itself has a great location as its really quiet and there are excellent transport links right next door for city centre. It went a bit down hill from here. On check in the hotel was at capacity and there was not enough housekeeping staff to get the rooms ready by 2pm. It was extremely busy but only one and then two people on checkout made visitors tetchy. I got a bit frustrated as my elderly parents were waiting well passed everyone else to get there room. It didn't help as the day before I had a confusing email from Beth stating she was able to give them an AB room. To the customer this internal jargon means nothing. after so long wAiting I asked why my parents room wAs the last to be made ready, the chap said I should have made contact with them in advance!!!! I explained I had and it wasn't acceptable Beth was awful, so robotic, and kept repeating the everything is being done mantra. Eventually we got into the rooms and got the usual very good premier inn comfy room clean bedding. We all went to eat but oh dear, what ever you do don't eat here. My mum and dad sent back burned steaks then got black overcoooked fish. I got cold pizza, my daughter and sister got strong sea bass burned in paper. It all took ages and was really bad. To be fair we all got refunded but it was dire. Basically I think they cannot cope with capacity and are too busy to focus. Next day, my friend said he had n awful night as the people above were so disturbing and the loose light fitting kept rattling. He said he spoke to Beth and she robotically said the policy had changed and he could not claim any partial or full refund. I felt responsible as I had made his booking and rang Beth, she just repeated the company policy over and over, she is not customer orientated like Paul and the othe staff members. She said she would get the manager to ring me and he didn't. I did speak to themanager and he was a nice chap but he never did come back to me about the complaint made for my friends room. Overall, don't eat here, don't book a large party and don't expect 85 year old parents with health issues to be treated with care.

Room Tip: If you are being disturbed you have to go to reception in your pj's otherwise no partial refund.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Modern Premier Inn with free parking and excellent transport links to the airport and city centre. Good in house restaurant. Friendly helpful staff. Free WiFi with the option to pay for an upgrade for a faster connecton. Also adjacent to Hermiston Gate retail park and within a few minutes drive to the Gyle Shopping Centre.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple