Close to a chemist if you needed cold medication or pain relief. A few good places to eat locally including a Domino's pizza a few steps down the street. Warm and Friendly caretakers. Near public transportation as well as places to pick up groceries to fill the cupboards. I shall definitely stay again, as long as there is availability at the time that I plan .on staying
Location was reasonable. Ideal for secure off road parking. We found it easy to walk to many of the tourist attractions.
This is a lovely,clean, well equipped apartment. It is on the 2nd floor, but the lift is good. We spent one evening on the 4th floor outside terrace with excellent views over Edinburgh & beyond!
The apartment is in a perfect position very near Haymarket station. There are plenty of very good restaurants within easy walking distance.
We arrived at the apartment early & it wasn't ready, but Audrey welcomed us & let us leave our bags inside which was very helpful.
The only issues we had was the intermittant TV signal, but that wasn't a big problem as we were out most of the time
Booked this apartment for a family get-away for the Fringe. A nice apartment on the whole but some significant issues that need to be fixed before we would even consider recommending this apartment to anyone else, particularly given the high price-tag.
1) Front door key code lock is broken - it turns out one of the buttons is broken requiring some serious force and many, many attempts before we could get the door open. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
2) The plumbing is in dire need of work. Not only is it noisy (including the bathroom fans) but from the second day of our trip we had no hot water running from the taps. A plumber came to check and declared it fixed but to no avail - we experienced ongoing issues with it.
3) The door in the small 4th bedroom (which has no windows and is essentially a converted utility room) jams. This meant that if you close the door there is no capability to open unless someone comes to get you out! After much banging of the door in the early morning to get out I was eventually freed - thank goodness the kids weren't staying in this room.
4) The circuit breaker tripped which meant no lights in the ill-fated 4th bedroom (so yes I was trapped AND in the dark) or in the kitchen. Suggest checking.
5) No instructions for any of the appliances and the TV aerial is broken.