2,676 results
All reviews city centre cool jade pentland hills swimming pool executive room leisure facilities bus stop right day ticket reception staff sofa bed family room bus service stayed here for one night tea and coffee hotel is situated haggis princes street
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived on a Friday night, manage to get checked-in, which was smooth and was offered the breakfast discount for the three days. We were on the 5th floor with a great view of Arthurs Seat and Murrayfield stadium. The room was clean and spacious, with a double bed (plus an extra sofa bed - if required), the bathroom was also clean & spacious with a decent power shower. Only criticism of the room was the mattress was too soft.
The bar in ground floor had a decent array of wines, beers & spirits. The bar snacks/food was reasonably priced and did the trick after a long day.
The buffet breakfast was superb with choices of cereal, pastries, fruits and hot food - even the delicacy of haggis...although Monday morning we were told that it had run out as the French fans had eaten it all!!!
The attentiveness of the staff at all levels can not be faulted.
I would recommend a stay here and of course it’s right near the zoo.
One note you may have to book the use of the pool/spa if its a school holiday.

Date of stay: February 2018
HIEdinburgh, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the great review of your stay! I'm so pleased you had a great time with us and that you had a fun rugby weekend!

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Rooms at this hotel are very very tired the bathroom in my room was so old it may well have been clean but it looked very grubby and I could not use the shower or bath as they just looked not clean. The door in the bathroom was falling apart at the bottom like it had been flooded too many times and round about the door handle was very very dirty. Bed seemed clean enough but I left feeling grubby.

I stayed in this hotel many years ago when it was an up market hotel and so sad to see it now.

Positive was the room was warm once I worked out how to turn up the radiator which has a little lock on it to keep it from being turned up perhaps for children’s safety.

Room tip: Rooms at the front have a nice view
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm sorry to learn that your stay was disappointing. I understand and take on board your feedback regards the decor of the hotel and will ensure our General Manager is aware of them.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Very quick check in and nice room. The bar food was great and the service excellent, especially from Said. Excellent location for the zoo with easy access into central Edinburgh Would certainly stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
HIEdinburgh, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Hi,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I am delighted to hear you felt that Said's service was excellent and that the rest of your stay was enjoyable. I'll make sure Said is aware of these comments.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We stayed at this Hotel to visit the Lantern show at Edinburgh Zoo so this Hotel very close.On arrival staff wher most pleasant at check inn do that was a great start.Rooms where very comfortable and clean also white towels where good standard.At breakfast the choice was exalent my only observation was the bacon was very poor I would suggest that it be put into something to drain and keep it in slices rather in a bid dollop. All staff great job

1  Thank 1943sso76
HIEdinburgh, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for such great feedback. I'm delighted you had a great stay with us. I'll make sure your feedback regards breakfast is passed on to our Head Chef.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as we were visiting the Chinese lanterns at Edinburgh Zoo, which is located next door. There is ample free parking, the staff are particularly friendly & helpful & breakfast has a great variety. The kids enjoyed using the pool too. We will certainly be back.

There is a delicious Chinese restaurant directly across the road.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for such an excellent review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and visited our fantastic next door neighbours, Edinburgh Zoo. I'm also pleased to hear that you were delighted with our facilities and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.