“Ask for the fixed price menu”
Review of Amarone

Amarone
Ranked #390 of 2,775 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: Situated in the heart of Edinburgh New Town on the corner of George Street and St Andrews Square, Amarone Edinburgh is the perfect venue for a meal with business colleagues or friends. Our striking restaurant offers the cool ambience of a contemporary Milanese restaurant and pizzeria dining experience.Our bustling bar carries a wide range of the finest Italian wines, Prosecco, Champagne and an Italian inspired cocktail list. It's the ideal location to meet friends pre and post dinner, to take a break from a hectic shopping trip, or to wind down after a hard day at the office. Located in the former safe, the “Vault” private dining room is perfect for special occasions, meetings, or to enjoy a cocktail master class with one of our bartenders. The Vault is suitable for parties of 12 to 32 people, with a maximum of 20 for the cocktail master classes.
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant waitresses do not give you the fixed price menu at first , unless you ask .
Ask for it as it’s great value!
Minestrone soup very good and main courses would recommend the pizzas or steaks.
Will come here again

3  Thank Rhinos007
Write a ReviewReviews (2,370)

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Fantastic meal in beautiful surroundings with very attentive staff. Warm and friendly. Mushroom and mozzarella bruschetta to start followed by sirloin steak with the best chips I have ever tasted! Would thoroughly recommend dropping in here

1  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Visited Edinburgh with a friend for 4 days recently. Had a lovely meal in this restaurant. It was recommended to us by a friend and it didn't disappoint. Food was lovely and staff were very pleasant. Would advise anyone thinking of going to book in advance.

1  Thank christine_roden
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch today with my sister's. The set lunch starter and main or main and desert. Was very nice and a decent portion. Service was polite and fast.

1  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Me and my wife were hosted at Íbis Styles close to Amarone and after a pleasant day walking around Edinburgh we decided to experiment the Amarone after seing the Tripadvisor reviews but we never ever thought we would be treatetd with the way we were.
As we entered the restaurant, the maitre were reading something, glipsed at us and kept on his reading. After some "hahm hahms" (as cleaning our throats) he came to us and asked if we were for bar or dinner. Although we Said it was for dinner, we sat us at one of the bar tables. My wife looked at me, we both looked to the dinning room, saw that there were plenty of avaliable tabels there, and I decided to call the maitre and explained him again that we were there for dinning once I could only imagined as a misunderstanding between the languages (although I am brazilian, I never had any problem to be understood in english). He grabbed the menu at the table we were and allocated us at a table in a corner and close to a family with 2 small children (the poor mother had to manage a dirty dippers of the baby meanwhile the other kid tried to run across the saloon) and taking away the menu with him. After almost 10 minutes waiting for being attended, a waiter arrived with 2 glasses of water, with no menu, asking if we had already chosen, me and my wife decided it was not a case of misunderstanding or bad service but a clear demonstrativo of prejudice, so we stood up and went away. Very close we discovered a wonderfull restaurant above a pub close to the Sainsbury at the next parallel street and had a marvelous dinner.
So if you are dressed with simple garments (jeans, trekking boots and só on), or using a backpack or any other similar device, and do not speak a perfect english, be prepared to have a bad experience in the Amarone.

2  Thank A_e_C-47