“Awesome vegetable calzone ”
Review of Amarone

Amarone
Ranked #390 of 2,775 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: Situated in the heart of Edinburgh New Town on the corner of George Street and St Andrews Square, Amarone Edinburgh is the perfect venue for a meal with business colleagues or friends. Our striking restaurant offers the cool ambience of a contemporary Milanese restaurant and pizzeria dining experience.Our bustling bar carries a wide range of the finest Italian wines, Prosecco, Champagne and an Italian inspired cocktail list. It's the ideal location to meet friends pre and post dinner, to take a break from a hectic shopping trip, or to wind down after a hard day at the office. Located in the former safe, the “Vault” private dining room is perfect for special occasions, meetings, or to enjoy a cocktail master class with one of our bartenders. The Vault is suitable for parties of 12 to 32 people, with a maximum of 20 for the cocktail master classes.
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Came here during my stay in Edinburgh visiting the Christmas markets. Really great service. Friendly staff. Food served quickly and very tasty. Defiantly recommend the calzones

1  Thank Tallulah L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,370)

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

I did not expect very good service in a busy week before christmas, but i was wrong. From the time we arrived until we left, all was good. Our only comment was that the turkey dish on the christmas set menu lacked seasoning and was very bland

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Lunched recently. The Christmas season being in full swing the restaurant was very busy and clearly geared to throughput. As a consequence, we felt somewhat pressed to be out within our two hour slot. Thought the food was excellent albeit the ambiance is disappointing. A bit of a cavern of a building and the furnishings are uninspiring. Also the only Italian restaurant I can think of with little evidence of Italian staff.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

Husband and I visited Amarone's for a late lunch. Yes the place was jumping but we had booked and from the moment we were seated to the moment we left, the staff could not be more attentive. Given the number of tables, the management and staff worked together as a team and it was really quite flawless.....

The food was lovely, I choose the Xmas menu and my husband from the Al a Carte. No issues, well presented, tasty and hot!!!

Yes the place was loud but its Xmas. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank MonsoonScotland
Reviewed 9 December 2016

Popped in for breakfast on recommendation. I had the full Scottish and my son had vegetarian. Our food was really nice and arrived hot and tasty. My wife's food wasn't so nice but they refunded it without quibble.

1  Thank DavePChelt