1,435 results
All reviews club room portobello beach leisure facilities city centre lauders restaurant leisure club swimming pool steam room and sauna good size single room reception staff huge bed bus stop buffet style excellent hotel number bus bus service
Reviewed 1 May 2016

I spend a wonderful two nights with a friend at this lovely hotel. It was easy to reach from the centre of Edinburgh, being only a 20 minute bus journey from the Bus Station. Our welcome was warm and all the staff were friendly. We were delighted with our spacious and comfortable room and well finished en suite. During our stay we took advantage of the free access to the spa facilities that guests are entitled to and loved the pool, sauna and steam room. The breakfast included in our deal was delicious on both mornings with a huge selection of food to suit everyone. We had an evening meal at the Bistro as well as a lunch and were extremely pleased with both. All in all we had a wonderful time and I would happily recommend it and be more than happy to repeat the experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Moira R
Fifescribe, Manager at Best Western Kings Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you for your kind comments about the warmth of welcome and friendliness of our staff. That is always good to hear.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

Although the rooms are a bit basic and old-fashioned, the staff are really friendly and helpful and the restaurant offers decent bar type meals. Good pool and gym, BT sport in room and handy for the city bypass.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your comments. Its good to hear that the hotel suits your needs.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Visited Lauders the i house restaurant within the hotel.
Went here for lunch with a friend. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and not made to feel rushed. I had a ravioli dish with garlic bread and my friend had battered cod and chips. Both were very nicely presented, well seasoned and cooked. The only thing that would have improved my experience was I asked if the ravioli came with a side salad as I don't like eating pasta without some veg. Unfortunately the only option was to purchase a bowl whereby I could visit the self service salad from the salad bar. This cost £3.95 which I felt was steep considering I only wanted a little lettuce and a bit of cucumber or tomato. My friends fish and chips came with a pot of sauce and, wait for it, a small bowl with salad...this would have been the ideal accompaniment to my dish. Feel this could easily have been done for me, even with a small additional charge. I did not want a big bowl of salad! Apart from that it was good food in warm, friendly surroundings

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thanks for your comments. Your comments I think refer to Options Bistro as Lauders is neither open for lunch nor does it have a salad bar. I am sorry that there was a confusion over your salad. I think we need to get the staff more aware of the salad garnish provided with many dishes , this may provide enough of a salad to suit some guests without having to purchase a salad from the salad bar- as in your case. Thank you for pointing this out.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

We have come to Edinburgh for a few days away. The rooms at the hotel are really nice and spacious. Some areas of the room could do with some extra cleaning, like the curtains. Beds are brick hard and we have an electric light hanging out the wall below the "heated" towel rail, that was freezing. Now for the food, we booked room only but decided since we're here for 2 nights, we'd treat ourselves and go into their Lauders restaurant, food was shocking and most of the staff (including the manager) had a didn't care attitude except for Rebeka who although only training couldn't have been more helpful and friendly! They should have more people like her working there. Staff in Bar Zest were few and far between, sometimes waiting up to 10 minutes to get a drink and there was only about 6 people in there with 3 bar staff!!! Wouldn't recommend this!!!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Antara15

I am very disappointed that you were so unhappy with your stay. The towel rail in your bathroom may have been switched of and the switch at the bathroom door would have solved that issue. Its a pity that you had not raised that with us during your stay rather than have been uncomfortable. I have drawn the attention of our food and beverage manager to your comments regarding food and service. It shall receive his prompt attention. I hope that we can entice you back to prove that this is not our normal standard of service

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Myself and my wife have just returned from a great weekend at this hotel. We left our car in the car park during our stay and used the buses which stopped right outside the hotel to get around.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, our room spacious clean and comfortable and the breakfasts and meals in the bistro excellent.
We did not use the Spa,Gym or swimming pool but the facilities looked excellent.
We will certainly use this hotel again and would recommend it to everyone.

Room tip: 158 quiet room with view over tennis courts.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am grateful for you taking the time to post your comments on your stay.