Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Prestonfield(Edinburgh)
Masson House(Edinburgh)
1,345 results
All reviewsclub roomportobello beachleisure facilitiescity centrelauders restaurantswimming poolsteam room and saunasingle roomgood sizebus stopreception staffexcellent hotelbuffet stylenumber bushuge bedbus servicevisiting edinburgh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2012

A weekend in Edinburgh for the Edinburgh Marathon. The family and I stayed here for the weekend as I had entered the Edinburgh Marathon. We arrived early in Edinburgh after getting the sleeper from London the previous night (Great experence). The staff on reception were helpfull and although our room wasn't ready the stored our bags as me set of for a day trip around Edinburgh and my daughter did a 1.5k run.
The hotel is not in cental Edinburgh but there are buses that stop outside and the hotel will gladly arrange a local taxi. Edinburgh is a lovely city and spent alot of time touring and seeing the sights (little more than I should have as a big day to follow).
We arrived back at the hotel to find our bags had been put in our roon and again the front desk staff were great, they advised that they had a special breakfast for marathon runners and had arranged a taxi share sceme to take runners to the race in the morning.
The room was comfortable and nicely decorated and the breakfast was great.
We had our evening meal at the hotel and the food was great, though the service a little sloq but I put this down to the popularity of the hotel with other runners.
All the hotel arrangements went well and I ran my first Marathon ( I also walked back after which was about 3/4 miles from the finish as all the buses were so full.

Nice swimming pool, steam room & sauna.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Fifescribe, Manager at Best Western Kings Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the marathon. This is one of our busiest weekends of the year and our front desk team do a mountain of work behind the scenes providing information sheets, organising early breakfasts, past suppers and taxi shares. I am delighted that that their efforts are recognised. Unfortunately buses and taxis back from the finish is something we have not mastered yet as the streets are closed except for official vehicles. We are working on it Though! See you next year for an improved time!

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Good comfortable, clean & convenient, staff friendly & helpful. Only complaint was with the restaurant, poor service & overcooked food. Bus stop right out front which let us spend a great day in Edinburgh, hotel stored cases while we went sightseeing and we were able to leave the car in their carpark.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Fifescribe, Manager at Best Western Kings Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am disappointed that you did not find your restaurant experience up to standard. I have brought this comment to the attention of our food and beverage team who will most certainly take your comments on board

Reviewed 17 September 2012

So pleased I found this hotel for a weekend away with my show cats.The Siamese were booked into a show in Edinburgh.Everywhere was heavily booked because of Madonnas concert on the Saturday night but I was fortunate to find this hotel available.The staff were lovely ,nothing too much trouble and front desk arranged a shared mini cab for me,(with other hotel guests)for Madonnas concert.As I was travelling solo,this was much appreciated.Must say how much fun I had.Really enjoyed my time with the other guests.The Scotts know how to party!!
My room was excellent I had upgraded to the best possible and was not disappointed.
Portobello beach was nearby and the location of this hotel makes for a good spot to explore the city.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us. Once again our front desk team came up trumps arranging shared taxis to the Madonna concert. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

stayed for 2 nights, excellent hotel, very good and popular health club, staff where very knowledgable and helpfull. The room was clean, comfortable beds and modern bathroom.
choice of 3 restaurants, no problem parking at the hotel.
20 minutes into edinburgh with lothian buses, £3.50 for an adult day ticket, which is valid on all lothian buses a bargain. we left the car and used the bus. bus stop right outside hotel bus 44.
I recommend this hotel, and can see why it is popular, dont pay inflated prices to stay in the centre of edinburgh stay at the kings manor, you wont find better for your money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank douglaspeter
Fifescribe, Manager at Best Western Kings Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thank you for your kind review , we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed here after another night away in not such a nice hotel. This was almost perfect. I arrived just as a coach of tourists was about to disambark and they got me through reception just before the rush. I booked a club room, which was more expensive but still cheap in comparison with the chain hotels in the city. The room was simply fantastic. Big, comfortable, clean and everything you would need. I didn't take dinner in the restaurant as the coach tourists were about to eat, and they couldn't offer me a table for 90 minutes. I was a bit miffed but the Bistro was fine, much friendlier and the food excellent, and it wasn't humble pie, although I would have eaton that too. Breakfast was fast, unfussy and plentiful. I am not a cooked breakfast boy these days as my waistline tends to like it too much, so the fruit and yogurt was for me, and it was really nice. This was the first time I stayed here. It will not be the last.

Room Tip: Book a club room, they are worth it
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately both our Lauders Restaurant and Options Bistro do get busy, and its always advisable to book a table as soon as you decide when you would prefer to dine. I am delighted that you were able to get a table in our bistro and were more than happy with that option.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.