1,293 results
All reviews kyloe restaurant huxley bar jacuzzi bath end of princes street castle view room ghd straighteners junior suite boutique hotel taxi rank nespresso machine comfortable bed mini bar edinburgh castle central location small hotel full scottish breakfast the ground floor
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel was lovely and perfectly situated in the city centre with minimal noise from the traffic. The staff were great and accommodated any requests I had. Only minor issue was the tv remote not working and the machine for the complimentary coffee in the room not working plus the pot for the water was dirty. Other than these two small things it was a great room and I had a lovely stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jamie G, Front Office Manager at The Rutland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Hello Nicole P,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us at The Rutland Hotel.

I will be more than happy to pass on your feedback to our staff who always give there all to enhance a guests stay.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the TV remote and coffee machine, these issues have since been found and resolved so I thank you for this information.

Please do come back and visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We stayed here for three wonderful nights. The location was perfect. Quiet, but right off Princes Street so excellent restaurants and stores were right outside our door.

Ross (at least I think that was his name) was so excited to tell us about the places to visit and his excitement was infectious. All the staff members we dealt with were helpful and kind.

The room I booked was a single so I expected a small shoebox but what I received was a good-sized room with all the extras, including a jacuzzi tub and a view onto the street below.

The only thing I didn't care for was getting in and out of the shower. As a short person of 5'2" it was kind of difficult to get in and out as there was nothing to hold onto for balance. But that was a small thing compared to everything else that was so right.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Hello Kat H,

Thank you for your 5 star review of your recent stay with us at The Rutland Hotel.

I am so happy to hear what a great stay you had with us at The Rutland and I will be sure to pass on the great feedback to Ross who is part of our fantastic reception team.

Please do come back and visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at The Rutland for two nights at the end of September, a £19 taxi ride from Edinburgh Airport. The hotel is centrally located at one end of Princes St.

Our room, being up on the top floor, meant taking the lift to the second floor and then climbing one flight of stairs. The room was clean, large and spacious and with a separate bath and shower.

Staff were courteous and helpful. Check in and check out were straight forward. Well worth a return visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jamie G, Front Office Manager at The Rutland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hello Kiwi_overseas,

I am so happy to ear what a great time you had with us in Edinburgh and we hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely room in the middle of the city. Brilliant size and well furnished. The bathroom was well equipped with lots of lovely added extras.
Reception staff were lovely and friendly
Very good value for the price including breakfast.
The only reason for losing a star on my rating was breakfast on the second day wasn’t very good at allx

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jamie G, Front Office Manager at The Rutland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hello shazkowalski,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback of your recent stay with us at The Rutland Hotel.

I am happy to hear of the great service and you enjoyed one of our fantastic hotel rooms for your time in Edinburgh.

If you could contact me directly regarding the breakfast on your second day I would be grateful but thank you for bringing this to my attention, if you could email jamie.gordon@therutlandhotel.com it would be very helpful.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely wonderful in all respects...from check-in to check-out. Perfect. Awesome staff and food and rooms are spectacular. Great location and views --- and every amenity. Stay here if you can!!

Hello Thomas K,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review of your recent stay with us at The Rutland Hotel.

I am so happy to hear of what a great time you had with us, I would be more than happy to welcome you back to The Rutland Hotel very soon.