Ardenlee Guest House
US$135
US$127
US$203
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$115
Agoda.com
US$104
US$80
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The guesthouse is divided over 2 houses. In one the breakfast is served you you might
have to make a very short walk. Rooms are very high and look a bit old fashioned glamorous.
But the are clean only we had a really small bathroom. There is television on the rooms
but also in the special living room. You can reach the guesthouse coming from the centre
of Edinburgh easily by foot but you can take also 2 stops with the bus(ses).
Its is situated in a uit area , so very little noise in the evening and nights.
The lady and the lord of the guesthouse are very friendly and helpfull.
Breakfast (full English or parts of that) is of a good quality. Due to the fact that the breakfast room is not to big you might in the weekends have waite a few minutes for a table.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank fmoreijn
EdinburghKay30, Manager at Ardenlee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to write it.
We really enjoyed having you stay with us.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I have been using this B&B for 6 months now, and I highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Edinburgh. The rooms are cleaned daily, to a high standard. The staff and owners are very friendly and helpful. The choices of Breakfast's are varied and always tasty !
The rooms vary from single to double to Huge ! there are some very nice rooms in this B&B, and I reckon I've been in most of them now.
The owners are always willing to offer advice about local attractions, and have a great knowledge of up&coming events. They are both a dab hand at running a B&B and always have time to spend to talk to you.
I have seen families, couples, business people (me included) come and go from this B&B and there are a lot of happy faces that return to this B&B.
For the price they charge, you really are getting value for money, and the walk into Edinburgh town centre takes about 12 mins.
There really isn't anything bad I can say about this B&B, and I have stayed in a lot of B&B's in my time. (This review was written by Mark Sankar, I'm just using my wife's TripAdvisor !)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SankarsReviews

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I was here for 2 nights and the place was just fantastic. The staff were very friendly and upgraded my room free of charge. The room was massive, clean and had everything i needed and wanted. I got great sleep as it was very peaceful. Breakfast was also very nice. The locaton was good, only about 10-15 mins from the centre of town. I would definately recommend staying here, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank angela199284

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to write it.
We enjoyed having you stay with us.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

The guesthouse has one of the best English breakfasts we ever had during our UK trip. Good breakfast kick start a good day! :) Our room is situated on the second floor, first room facing the back garden. Very quiet. Nice & big room for both my wife and me thou' the bathroom is a bit small, but we are not fussy about it.

The downside is that Ardenlee Guesthouse is about 200-300m away from Princes Street. For travelers walking to the guesthouse, be aware of the up slopes and down slopes towards the guesthouse. Especially those who are carrying huge backpacks or big luggages or older folks. Maybe too tedious. It is best to take a bus. 1-2 bus stops away.

Overall, we love this guesthouse!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dericcino

Reviewed 28 October 2011

Tucked away in the New Town of Edinburgh (for those people who don't know the city, the 'New Town' is nearly 300 years old!) is the Ardenlee. I spent four nights there in October 2011, in the attic room (the one sticking out at the top on the photo!). It's a small, perfectly formed, single room - although it's up a LOT of quite steep stairs! The bathroom, which is very well appointed, is shared with another room, and situated on the floor below, with the breakfast room a floor below that.

Kay and Kenny were great hosts - helpful and accomodating, without being intrusive - and the rest of the staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was great - served quickly and efficiently, and excellent quality.

The Ardenlee itself is in a small street just off Dundas Street, which leads straight up to Princes Street and Waverley Railway Station. If, however, you want a different (more interesting) route, you can turn left when coming out of the house, when a short walk leads you to King George V Park. A signposted, traffic free (apart from bikes...) stroll leads you up through the park, to a Georgian crescent, from where it's an easy, interesting, walk to St. Andrews Square (good for local buses), Princes Street (good for...road works, but I'm sure they'll finish the tram system eventually), and Waverley (good for trains, and the tour buses). It's a roughly 20 minute walk - Dundas Street is a little quicker, but much less interesting - you also have less chance of being run over!

I'd definitely stay at the Ardenlee again - it's comfortable, very reasonably priced, and offers easy access to the city from a very pretty area.

Room Tip: The 'attic' single is great, as long as you don't mind a good few stairs!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo