Ardenlee Guest House
US$111
US$106
US$107
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$181
US$105
US$78
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I have to admit: this review is biased. I had booked a single with shared facilites. A couple of days before arrival I had hurt my back real bad, which I mentioned upon arrival. Without a blink the proprietor immediately suggested that I take the apartment. It felt like being home. If you're with a family, its a great place to stay. The breakfast was good, location is okay. If you don't like street sounds, ask for a room at the back. Nice walk uphill (about 10 mins.) to town. Botanic Gardens and Leith Walk close by.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
EdinburghKay30, Manager at Ardenlee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to write it.
We love having you stay with us.
Kind Regards
Kay

Reviewed 4 October 2011

Just got back from a short stay in Edinburgh for the Great Edinburgh run (very hilly!) Had a lovely stay in the B and B and would definately recommend it. The breakfast was amazing with lots of choice and help yourself to juice and cereals. It is about a 10 min walk from the centre but it is up quite an incline but is next to a bus stop if your legs get tired from all the walking. There is also a great french restaurant called Pierre Victore opposite the b and b. Overall a great stay in a lovely b and b in a wonderful city!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We were visiting Edinburgh during the Fringe Festival, which is always manic, but we were made welcome by all the staff, particularly the manager and his wife, who always had a friendly word at breakfast and suggested various extra shows to visit - even though we were pretty Fringe-out by the end of our stay. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was a bit cramped but had everything we needed, especially free internet for surfing the Fringe. The guest house is very well situated for the heart of Edinburgh and also near to the Botanic Gardens which proved to be an oasis of calm on our last day! The breakfasts were fantastic, efficiently served and hot when you wanted hot, and there was a great choice for everyone's tastes. We found the breakfast staff very friendly - mostly local women I think - which doesn't seem to be everyone's experience but it was ours.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Everything was fine. I spent four nights at the premises and I had only to wait for the confirmation on the web for a longer period of time.
Later, I was happy with the room, but just a little upset with the staff dealing with breakfast, who appear to be like temporary staff quite superficial and slightly bullying... the continentals: a guy asked for some lemon tea and he was given a herbal tea withoutntrying to understand what he was asking for. The staff definitely need to be better supervised and trained.
Another matter regards the rooms; one day I was struggling about finding my blankets who were pushed and hidden at the bottom of the bed... unusual indeed!
The internet connection was not working 100% and the sitting room needs to be cleaned more regularly.

Room Tip: Perfect location and women travelers friendly
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My daughter and I were booked into a twin room for three nights; when we arrived we were very pleasantly surprised to find that we had been upgraded to the apartment owned by the proprietors three doors down the road! This was beyond all our expectations, having two double bedrooms (in fact it would sleep 5 people as my bedroom had a single bed as well). It is the ground floor of a beautiful Georgian house and also had a kitchen, bathroom and lounge. It made our whole stay brilliant - thank you so much for the extra space and privacy, even though it ended up costing a little more!

Only down side was the breakfast, which was taken in the main Guest House and was nothing special; cooked breakfast was very average with cheap ingredients, weak tea and coffee and very dry toast. Second morning, we didn't eat much and, by the final day, we had breakfast elsewhere, making the stay even more expensive!

Having said all that tho, you can't take away how fab that apartment was; I'd book it again in a heartbeat but I expect it's usually occupied by more than two people and we were just in luck at the time.
seweheeol

Room Tip: Get that apartment if you can!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family