US$271
US$270
  • Bar/Lounge
Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$217
Hotels.com
US$245
US$230
  • Restaurant
Novotel Edinburgh Park(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$168
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$254
  • Bar/Lounge
US$475
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsboutique hotelwhite company productssound barno liftbeautiful hoteljunior suitecobbled streetlovely boutiquesingle roomroll top bathtop floornicest hotelgeorgian townhousefree standing bathcarlton hillfull scottish breakfastsmall hotel
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend break in Edinburgh, went to dinner, concert etc.

The place was perfect. Very welcoming, effortlessly cool, relaxed vibe. But also very professional and efficient.

Excellent art collection and decor. Great staff.

We would definitely go back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Roman P, General Manager at 24 Royal Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Peter,

Many thanks for your review; it is a pleasure to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights, broken up in the middle by a few days in the highlands and Isle of Skye. During the 7 nights, we experienced three different types of rooms--the deluxe double, an apartment, and the junior suite. While they varied in size and features, all had comfortable beds and were very clean. The spacious junior suite--with a view to the lovely terraced garden in the back--was probably our favorite, though the apartment's kitchen is nice for longer stays.

The street is lovely and quiet--not far from most tourist attractions and close to several bus stops. Breakfasts are quite good in the restaurant and it's also a very nice place for a drink--even a light supper--at the end of the day.

We cannot say enough positive about the staff. Without exception they were helpful, gracious, and highly competent. They provided walking and bus route directions, dining recommendations, printed things for us, moved our luggage when we switched rooms, and offered friendly greetings as we came and went. The warm tone they set made us think of 24 Royal Terrace as our home away from home during our time in Edinburgh.

Highly recommend staying here and hope to return some day ourselves.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Roman P, General Manager at 24 Royal Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Reviewer,

It was an absolute pleasure to accommodate you throughout your stay(s) in Edinburgh! Many thanks for leaving us such a glowing review; I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

location was excellent within walking distance to centre. Room was spotless and very modern. We stayed in one of the apartments which was very spacious and catered to all our family needs. Staff were very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Roman P, General Manager at 24 Royal Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay; I'm delighted that you enjoyed it.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My visit started out poorly when I asked for an early check-in as my rate (booked through booking.com) said early check-in based on availability. I requested to be able to check-in at 2PM, but they said this couldn't be guaranteed, because everyone gets priority check-in and they aren't sure why my rate advertised priority. After I made a fuss, it turns out a room was ready (at 10AM) which is funny because my rate clearly sad if a room was ready I qualified for it.

Other issues throughout the stay...
1 -- No air conditioning. Maybe this isn't normally a big deal but my room (4) got quite hot as the weather was very nice.

2 -- On the first day the water in the shower went back and forth between scalding and cold. On the second it started warm and then became cold. On complaining the second day I was told nothing was wrong with the water and I should have reported it the first day.

3 -- I asked to speak to the owner and was told "he is too busy to talk to customers."

4 -- As a previous poster mentioned room 4 is very close to the lobby so you can hear everything that happens there (I could tell you the story of other guests).

5 -- The room is small. This is to be expected but the ceilings are usually low ranging from 6 foot 5 inches to about 7 feet at highest.

The location is fine, but not great. You are about 15-20 minutes from both the old and new city. This isn't too far but I'd rather stay somewhere closer.

Generally bad customer service. I stayed at a Premier Inn in Inverness the two nights prior to this stay and got considerably better treatment there. I was told I was wrong about all of this by the workers and reminded they are number 5 on TA...at least now I see they have fallen to number 6.

Room Tip: The rear garden is pretty though with the low ceilings you can barely see it from room 4.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Travel1235
Roman P, General Manager at 24 Royal Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is disappointing to read that your experience was not as enjoyable as it should have been.

Your feedback has been taken on board and I have contacted you directly with regards to the points raised.

It is also disheartening as some of the points may be misleading to other users due to the inaccuracy of them, and given that the vast majority of our reviews both published online and within our guestbook at the hotel praise the staff and our customer service.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Edinburgh. Friendly staff, 24/7 bar and the best Eggs Benedict I've had in a while. Tucked away from the tourists just down the hill from Arthur's Seat.

Room Tip: Was great to be on the main floor (easy access to the bar...)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Roman P, General Manager at 24 Royal Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Gavin,

Many thanks for writing such a positive review of your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.