1,763 results
All reviewstuck boxprinting pressgeorge streetbeautiful hotelsuperior roomfresh milklittle touchespublic areasbeautiful roombirthday treatchecking outbed was very comfortablethe location is perfectbreakfast was excellentfantastic staytrain stationhaggis
Reviewed 22 May 2018

stayed on a Saturday night and the noise coming from the night club nearby was dreadful
the rooms to the rear are much quieter and have great views of the river Forth
unfortunately most of the large suits face the main street

Room Tip: not one that faces George street too noisy especially weekends
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 17Duncan0
PrincipalEdinburgh, General Manager at The Principal Edinburgh George Street, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear 17Duncan0,

Many thanks for your recent stay with us and for your time to provide us with feedback.

I am really sorry to learn that on this occasion George Street proved to be noisier than usual and your room allocation was not ideal for this visit. George Street is indeed in the heart of the city and very lively at times, which is one of its charms also. As very well noted some of our rooms, specifically the Deluxe with View category are on higher floors offering majestic views over the city towards the Forth. Please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Relations team prior to your next visit to discuss the most suitable accommodation for you and make any necessary arrangements.

I trust the above experience will not deter you from returning to us and we shall be looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Came up for work but stayed the weekend with my wife. The staff couldn’t be more helpful or friendly. Super location for the tram, SMWS, and shops and just a short walk to the Old Town. Very much appreciated the tuck box, especially the Tunnucks caramel wafers! If I was being supe-mega picky the bathroom lighting could be better, it makes shaving a bit of an exciting adventure, maybe too much so!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
PrincipalEdinburgh, General Manager at The Principal Edinburgh George Street, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Mr Anton G,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay here at the Principal Edinburgh!
Thank you for highlighting our central location which indeed offers the perfect base to explore the stunning city of Edinburgh. It's great to hear you liked the new addition of our tuck boxes - the perfect pick me up after a day exploring the city! Thank you for sharing your experience and I will forward your feedback to the maintenance team to review it about the bathroom light.

Thank you again and I hope that we will have the pleasure of looking after you on your next trip to the city.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Rooms really comfortable and staff very friendly. I spend 4 days here for business and would recommend it as a base while visiting Edinburgh. There is plenty of good restaurants within a short walk and also very central.
I will put this on the list for a revisit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mayo751

Dear Mayo751,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and post this fantastic 5 star review.We are delighted that we exceed your expectations and you found the rooms "really comfortable". We have a passionate team of staff here at Principal Edinburgh so I am delighted to read your comments and look forward to sharing them with the team. Thank you for mentioning our great location;so close to many famous sights and of course next to restaurants and shops.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you will continue to award us with your loyalty giving us the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next Edinburgh trip.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

My wife and I spent six wonderful days at the The Principal. The room was reasonable in size, clean and comfortable. I was especially impressed with the friendliness, competence, and helpfulness of the multi-national staff. I would happily return there if revisiting Edinburgh.

Stayed: May 2018
PrincipalEdinburgh, General Manager at The Principal Edinburgh George Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear Jerry H,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel.

I am more than pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at The Principal Edinburgh George Street.

We are always striving to make sure our guests will feel home away from home.

I will also pass your comments to my team and I hope we will be able to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Outstanding hotel and service. i would highly recommend!
Rooms were very comfortable and room service was outstanding as well.
The location was in the heart of shops, restaurants and boutiques. The staff was very willing to help with excursions and sightseeing events.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear goodpasterr,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review at the Principal Edinburgh George Street.

I would agree entirely with our rooms and our outstanding room service team.

Our central location really has an offer from shops, restaurants, boutiques and even more.

We hope that you are able to come back and stay with us at The Principal Edinburgh George Street again soon.

Warm regards,