All reviews tuck box garden room baba restaurant beautiful hotel head concierge rose street rain shower deluxe room poached eggs george st little touches restaurants and shops nice breakfast fresh milk spa facilities central location one night stay
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Great hotel refurnished in the heart of Edinburgh. Nice and friendly staff, great interior and spacious room. Stayed in a deluxe room, and liked the Nespresso machine especially. Both breakfast and room service was very good.

Only comment is one window was left open during housekeeping (I asume as I never touched it) and I only noticed it during the night when I woke up freezing. It couldn't be closed until later that afternoon.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Gillian M, Manager at The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear NoeliaGuinon,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your dining experiences were enjoyable.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay. I have passed your comments onto our Executive Head Housekeeper- please accept my sincere apologies if this caused you any discomfort during the night.

I hope this will not stop you staying with us again as I really would like the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2018

I booked the whole hog deal for my parent and we were greeted by a lovely receptionist called Aoife K who was there to answer all our questions! She was so helpful and showed us a few rooms. They said the dinner was lovely, and are overall very happy with their stay - thanks Aoife!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Hattiedee,

Thank you for the 5* review with an excellent title- our team will be very pleased to read this. I have passed your comments onto Aoife in the Guest Services Team who enjoyed meeting you and was glad to hear that the Whole Hog offer was enjoyed by your parent.

I am glad they enjoyed their meal in BABA and that their overall stay was a enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Just returned from two night stay here. Fantastic and we will return. Beautifully decorated room, large comfy bed and stunning bathroom. Great choice for breakfast and all of the staff were so friendly and helpful. Excellent location too, between George st and rose st so everything close at hand

Date of stay: February 2018

Dear SusicNorthumberland

It's fantastic to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square so much.

The recent refurbishment has ensured that all areas of the hotel are beautifully decorated, but I am delighted to read that the team's hospitality was also impressive.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We stayed here for one night in a Superior room with a view. View and room were perfect - really nicely decorated and bed was super comfy. Hotel very trendy and modern and perfect location, some good restaurants round the corner. Breakfast was lovely in a nice setting. Definitely recommended!

Room tip: Room with a view!
Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gillian M, Manager at The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Dear SophieLeila,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Principal Charlotte Square and for taking the time to write such a positive review. I'm delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and found our recent renovations both "modern and trendy."

Thanks again for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards

Gillian

Reviewed 31 January 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Principal Charlotte Square in December.

We have previously stayed here when it was The Roxburgh hotel which was lovely and we were equally if not more impressed this time after its refurbishment. The hotel was clean, the rooms and beds so comfy and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the breakfast was absolutely delicious with lots of variety. The hotel is idealky situated near to lots of restaurants and not far from Princes Street.

An extra added touch in our room was complimentary bottled water, crisps and chocolate biscuits along with the usual tea and coffee making facilities. These were much appreciated!

We hope to stay again on our next visit to Edinburgh.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gillian M, Manager at The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Butterfly186394,

Firstly, let me take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review. It is great to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed the renovation work that we have completed within the hotel.

I am glad hat you enjoyed the tuck box treats in your bedroom and that breakfast was to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Edinburgh.

Best Wishes,