“Great apartment !”
second bedroom
kitchen
bathroom
chaise in master bedroom
gentleman's wardrobe in second bedroom
kitchen
view up broughton street
floorplan of apartment
anyone for coffee?
fireplace
master bedroom
second bedroom
living room
mirror. mirror on the wall
dressing table
bathroom
dining table
entrance hall
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
213emilyc
“Great apartment ! ”
Reviewed 3 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I rented this apartment for a few nights for my family and it looked exactly how it did in the pictures . Very nicely decorated and clean. Richard was very easy to contact and was ready to deal with any small queries/questions we had.

To pick up the keys we got them from Richards restaurant just located beside the apartment . the restaurant is called the "Smoke Stack".

jayneandj...
north east
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed 11 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

This apartment was advertised as a luxury apartment and on the photos it certainly looked it. To start with I had to chase the owner right up to the day of arrival to find out where it actually was! It was booked as a Xmas present for my husband and we were really looking forward to it after having a very stressful year last year. At 350.00 for 2 nights it wasn't cheap but I decided it would be worth it. On arrival the front door is fairly battered and scruffy looking as for the entrance hall! Cold bare steps a scruffy hallway and a very uninviting notice warning of the presence of rats was not really what I had anticipated. The apartment itself could be fantastic but it is very run down and in need of some TLC. A ripped leather settee and grubby scatter cushions put me off straight away. The whole place appeared to be dusty and the shower curtain was grubby and covered in mould at the bottom. I decided to try and enjoy the weekend and went to get some glasses to have a glass of wine with my in laws. The glasses were dirty and had to be re washed before I could use them. Handles and trims were missing off the kitchen cupboards and when pulling out the kitchen chairs there were bits of old food under the table! There were no t towels or dishcloths in the apartment. The wifi connections did not work. On a positive note! The beds were comfortable and the main bedroom is very nice. The front one requires ear plugs due to the noise of the traffic. So very disappointing overall and I would not book again. I've stayed in Edinburgh before and paid less for much better accommodation.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
1 May 2015
We accept that the apartment may not have been quite up to our usual standards when you stayed. As I explained to you when you arrived, we had some building work done which had not been finished as early as anticipated. The previous guest had been a long term rent (3 months), which is something we almost never do, so there hadn't been the usual cycle of weekly cleans keeping the property up to standard. The apartment would ideally have had a deep clean but we simply didn't have time, particularly as you had requested an early check in. we could have rectified some of the issues had you asked us - the wifi router had gone into standby mode, we could easily have supplied tea towels for you if you had pointed out that there were none there. The apartment was not up to our usual standards which i do accept, but it would have been better for both parties had you gioven us a chance to rectify the situation at the time.
ESB87
London, United Kingdom
“Great Apartment, great location”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Lovely place to stay, close to everywhere in a great city.

Broughton Street is on the edge of the New Town, towards Leith. Packed with coffee shops, bars and restaurants.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
speranza9...
galway
“Really lovely apartment”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

This apartment is a great find. It is really stylish and yet comfortable with loads of extra touches to enhance your stay. We lounged around in the lovely sitting room. The kitchen is excellent and very well equipped. Richard was away when we stayed but staff from the smokestack restaurant downstairs (great breakfasts btw) welcomed us and could not have been more friendly and helpful. The master bedroom is gorgeous. There's a small box room in the apartment which has a loft/platform bed for additional bed space but I like the fact that he is not billing the apartment as 3 bed. Broughton Street is a superb location with nice cafes and restaurants.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Verity C
Colombo
“Amazing apartment in a perfect location”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

My partner and I stayed at Broughton Apartment for New Year. The apartment itself is perfect and very well equipped. The location on Broughton street means there are a range of places to eat nearby - including the Smoke Stack next door (a great place to eat with fab food and super friendly staff). An added bonus was being able to see the New Year fireworks from the living room.

If I stay in Edinburgh again Broughton Apartment is the first place I would look to book - our stay could not have been better.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing