3,003 results
All reviews haymarket station deluxe room high ceilings city centre princes street tram stop breakfast was excellent stayed for one night haggis porridge royal mile townhouse castle buses pubs
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Couple of nights break in Edinburgh. Room comfortable with all facilities and breakfasts very good. All staff very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Room was in an annexe across the street which entailed going outside to access dining room and main hotel facilities - we were lucky the weather was good.

Room Tip: Get room in main hotel not annexe
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Booked this during the Hilton Sale offer and got a great deal which included B&B. Check in was very professional and given the option of the town house of main building for our rooms and we selected the main building. Good size room and normal Hilton facilities. The age of the hotel did result in a few creaky uneven floor boards however did add to the character and did not annoy us at all. I asked for water in the room and before we had even settled in the room this was provided very promptly. Bed very comfortable and lovely fluffy white towels on a heated radiator with the normal Hilton toiletries. Best bit of the overnight was the great breakfast along with the service. It didn’t matter who we spoke to everyone was so pleasant and professional. Great selection on offer too. I noticed the hot plates were cold and I did not have to say anything the chef noticed and said is that cold let me switch for hot plate and then rectified the issue. I felt everyone was very proactive in their service and really enjoyed the experience. Well done to all. The text asking about the service were a really nice touch too. Will definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scozziemythbuster
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night Valentines break with my partner from Edinburgh.

On booking this back in December it looked the perfect place to stay and explore the city which both of us haven’t visited before. We both decided to upgrade to a junior king suite as an extra little treat.

On arrival you will find that Haymarket station is a 3 minute walk away so please don’t do what we did and go to the main station or you’ll be fighting the crowds with you cases! PAIN

The receptionist were warm and welcoming and check in was a breeze.

We were in a suite on the ground floor (12) even though I’d requested a first floor room (not too much of an issue). Sadly on approach to our room there was electricians putting lights up and chatting right outside our room that we hadn’t been warned about

In our room the carpet was very worn in places and the room just looked tired.
Now for the complaints....
If you were spending £318 on a room I’m sorry but massive red wine stains on the floor next to the bed are unacceptable (I know it’s hard to get out but an attempt could of been made.
Having a tea and coffee station in the living room part of the suite but no actual plug to use the kettle. So we had to take it into the bedroom to actually use it.
The bed is the hardest thing I’ve ever laid on.
Even though we were in a ground floor room. We thought the window was actually open because it was so nosey but on inspection it was actually closed.
Plus neither of the two TVs were tuned so good job we were exploring the city for something to do.
Breakfast was sadly luke warm the service again was perfect but it just didn’t hit the mark.

Justyna a lovely receptionist kept in touch via text after raising my issues and thankfully for our second night we got moved to (135) a much better and higher standard room which was a lot more fitting to the price we’d paid. We also got 30% knocked off our bill so thank you!!

Sadly I don’t believe wed stay here again even though issues were sorted it just wasn’t to the same standard as other Hilton’s we’ve stayed at!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Came here after the rugby, good atmosphere and they set up a room to watch the game with pies and stovies and drinks. Busy place but staff handles it well and serving times were quite good. Would certainly come back and do the same again

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel while visiting Edinburgh. We arrived early and our room was ready straight away. Although the lift wasn’t working they apologised and said we could have a bigger room over the other side of the hotel. We were made very welcome by the staff on the reception. They ran us a taxi on the night and gave us advice on how to get to the zoo. The breakfast on the Saturday morning was lovely. A huge range of cereal, croissants, cooked breakfast and fruit juices. Greeted by lovely friendly staff. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel! Not too much of a walking distance to Princes street and far enough out of the hustle and bustle. Haymarket close by to get bus straight to the zoo. Fabulous staff, location and hotel. Thank you!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple