US$156
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

US$242
US$197
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$237/night.

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$87
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$205
US$195
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$271/night.

Novotel Edinburgh Park(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$99
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Edinburgh Marriott Hotel(Edinburgh)
US$199
US$161
US$187
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$263/night.

Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$131
ibis
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

US$108
US$94
Priceline
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

US$178
US$167
galahotels.com
2,891 results
All reviewshaymarket stationdeluxe roomhigh ceilingscity centreprinces streettram stopbreakfast was excellentporridgehaggisroyal miletownhousecastlebusespubs
Reviewed 25 October 2012

While it took us a while to arrive to the hotel with our rental car due to the ongoing construction of the new tramway (the hotel hands out a map with open/closed streets), the new tram (supposed to be active in 2014) will make it extremely convenient to get to the hotel from the airport - the new tram stop is just two minutes away from the hotel. All Edinburgh attractions are within walking distance.

The hotel has an elegant style, a typical old British townhouse, not a faceless monster hotel building. The lobby has more of a private-home feeling than its glitzy counterparts elsewhere. Reception staff is friendly and helpful.

The rooms are surprisingly spacious, with high ceilings and the standard Hilton luxury. The bathrooms are a bit on the small side but big enough.

There is no Executive Lounge. Breakfast is taken in a big hall and more than sufficient.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Spent 3 days in Edinburgh, at the Grosvenor... Great and helpful staff, especially the front desk folks.... Breakfast was all you could ask for an more!
Hotel itself is old fashioned but comfortable, very high ceilings and huge windows.

Room Tip: The elevators are small and slow... if your claustrophobic, get a first floor room and take the stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

First time I stayed here.
I hadn't realised the hotel is actually split into two on either side of the road.
The only reason I mention this is because I arrived in Edinburgh at 10.30am and wanted to drop my bags off before meeting up with friends, I was informed my room was in the other part of the hotel and that my room was already availble but I needed to check in over the road, so I walk over the road only to be told that my room isn't availble and the receptionists PC was down (despite him watching 'you tube') and that I needed to go back to other part of the hotel to check in - I left my bags and gave up trying to check in !

Room was adequate for a single traveller though small, shower was good and there were plenty of tea/coffee options in the room.
Buffet breakfast was poor - rubber croisants (not their first visit to the buffet I fear), one option of yoghurt only and no juice, hot beverages are served in the lobby before you enter the breakfast room.
I probably spent 30 mins at breakfast and didn't see a member of staff - one positive I thought was the plasma in the breakfast room.

I don't make a habit of staying in Hiltons and I'm pretty sure the usual standard is a notch or two up from the Grosvenor St hotel, if staying here adjust your expectations.

ps - Edinburgh city centre is currently a building site as they build the new tram system, there are crossing points approx every 300 yards which can add a reasonable distance to your walk, I got horribly confused trying to get to Haymarket station !

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank UK2NY
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Street is under construction what makes it imposible trying to walk, Also the noise won't let you sleep after 7:00 am. There was not air conditioning making it hard to sleep on warm nights. Filthy smell in the room added up to the tragedy. Parking is terrible and receptionist don't take the time to explain where to park and how to pay.Have to came back and ask a couple of times (I'm a tourist). I used taxis to go to Royal Mile St where souvenirs stores and restaurants are located.

Room Tip: Maybe choose rooms that don't face the street.to avoid some noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mcardenas
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Regularly book hotels and normally opt for Hilton. Having stayed here before, the standard of customer service has certainly deteriorated. Don't normally write reviews but so disappointed with the service. With a very early start, decided to order continental breakfast in my room and expected the usual tray charge as breakfast was already included in room rate. Breakfast was delivered but missing some requested items but still ok. On checking out, was charged room rate (including breakfast), £4 tray charge and additional £6 for breakfast!!. Apparently even when you have paid for a full breakfast as part of your room rate but opt for the cheaper continental one you still need to pay an additional £6 for the privilege of eating it in your room!!.

I know it will be in the small print somewhere that allows them to do this, but really!! First time I have ever paid £10 combined for a tray charge or twice for the same breakfast and didn't even get the full breakfast (or the more expensive cooked one) that I had already paid for in my room rate!! When speaking to the manager, really didn't seem interested in the position. Certainly won't be back and that's from a Hilton's Honor member. Well done Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business